Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

Honestly I'd prefer to go to their O2 show given how inconsistent Finsbury Park's acoustics can be.

For Arctic Monkeys in 2014, it was good when I was in the front rows for Royal Blood & Miles Kane but when I had to go to the back of the front circle after I got food and couldn't get back to my initial spot, the sound was nothing like as good, and for Queens, it was bizarrely inconsistent where I stood.

Though I do recall Rage in 2010 sounding great. But then my memory of that night is a little hazy.

8 hours ago, charlierc said:

Honestly I'd prefer to go to their O2 show given how inconsistent Finsbury Park's acoustics can be.

You are probably right and they were good last year in the O2 but the Finsbury Park lineup looks so good already with Pale Waves, Phoebe Bridger & Beabadoobee. With 2 stages it will be like a mini festival ☺️

On 1/28/2020 at 8:30 AM, Dales said:

You are probably right and they were good last year in the O2 but the Finsbury Park lineup looks so good already with Pale Waves, Phoebe Bridger & Beabadoobee. With 2 stages it will be like a mini festival ☺️

Its basically just Community under a different name

49 minutes ago, Jake1234 said:

So Community is defo going ahead now,

Personally I can only realistically see the Courteeners headlining, maybe the wombats?

i feel as if Royal Blood is a step away from the indie scene that just won’t happen 

Royal Blood are headlining various mid size festivals.  Doubt they’ll do their own show too

The date listed was part of the weekend of Community Festival, so could be that they're just grouped together for logistical purposes - think some people did that in the weekend when Liam Gallagher and Queens of the Stone Age did Finsbury Park using the Community Festival stage set-up.

Even so, its very odd that the date was pre-emptively announced a while ago and since then, nothing.

Hmmm... I like songs by Soccer Mommy and Big Moon, and I hear good things about Inahler, so this could tempt me even with Kings of Leon's hit-and-miss reputation.

Even if I know no Courteneers tracks. Their dark fruit reputation does precede them. Mainly based on what I saw on the Reading thread.

Incidentally Kings of Leon aren't UK exclusive for FP. They're also playing Newcastle and Leeds in the week running up their Saturday night Mad Cool headline slot.

Edited by charlierc