Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

1 hour ago, 19liam75 said:

Can’t be 11th July, they have a show in Norway that day. Could have curated at a day at BST

Well a festival in Norway that runs on the 9th to 11th and is listed as all 3 nights on their website. Cant find anything confirming they are playing either all 3 nights or specifically on the 11th so where is their specific date confirmed 

Edited to add if the Norwegian festival show was on the 9th that would just leave 3rd July if it was BST as would make the 12th unlikely.. the festival in question lists the acts in groups of type face 3 largest 3 slightly smaller etc. For example Martin Garrix is listed first in the first group and the 1975 first in the second group. I wonder if that points to the 9th in Norway 

If it were to be a Finsbury show they could play Norway on 9th and London on the 11th 

Edited by atomised

I think Kayla makes a very valid point (Thanks NickisGinger), plus I want to believe that they will not play that weekend because of a clash for me.

Could it be one of those 3 days down as Community? Community, KOL & 1975. Remember QOTSA was supposed to have been a curated day, so Festival Republic may be up for allowing The1975/Dirty Hit to do the same thing.

They are certainly big enough to do BST and so I would not be surprised if they done that. Matty if your reading, then the 3rd July is good for me 😊

46 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I was thinking it could be like a Community presents.. like fusion did.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Could be:

Friday 26th: The 1975

Saturday 27th: Community

Sunday 28th: KOL

That would be neat and would explain why 3 days are blocked out. It would be a decent rival to APE if they did.

32 minutes ago, LG X said:

could see catfish headlining and/or the likes of dma’s, circa waves & sundara karma featuring

I could've seen Catfish headlining as well. However, they announced their own gig at Clapham Common at the end of May, so I doubt they're going to extend themselves to two big solo London headline shows in quick succession.

25 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I could've seen Catfish headlining as well. However, they announced their own gig at Clapham Common at the end of May, so I doubt they're going to extend themselves to two big solo London headline shows in quick succession.

good point, but they’re doing NBHD and i imagine they’ll do a similar-sized festival like tramlines. Don’t think the streets being on the bill is impossible either? Not sure if they’d fit the demographic though. 

12 hours ago, LG X said:

good point, but they’re doing NBHD and i imagine they’ll do a similar-sized festival like tramlines. Don’t think the streets being on the bill is impossible either? Not sure if they’d fit the demographic though. 

Definitely not the streets at a push as a very special guest sub but i doubt it really not very community to be honest would sell awfully if they headlined

On 1/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, Fuzzy Afro said:

Could be:

Friday 26th: The 1975

Saturday 27th: Community

Sunday 28th: KOL

For me I think this is too congested, Imagine the security needed for these three events,  public services strained & transport, not too mention the locals. I think probably just Kings of Leon on the 28th, Community going the week after 

32 minutes ago, shaun Mulhern said:

For me I think this is too congested, Imagine the security needed for these three events,  public services strained & transport, not too mention the locals. I think probably just Kings of Leon on the 28th, Community going the week after 

You mean the week after when Wireless is in finsbury park all weekend? Top plan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaun Mulhern said:

Councils/Local Authorities dont really care how much inconvience they cause the peope in their boroughs  when these events are on all they see is the cash they make from having them. They have done this 3 day lienup before with Community/QOTSA/LG and as @atomised pointed out they are doing it the weekend after with Wireless.

Its not  even that unusual APE & BST have they same set up of 2 weekends in a row with a total  of 6 events and  both those do smaller community events/films etc during the weekdays aswell. So the  concept is nothing new.

52 minutes ago, atomised said:

You mean the week after when Wireless is in finsbury park all weekend? Top plan

33 minutes ago, atomised said:

Oh look.  It's the 11th july at finsbury park @19liam75  

Someone should tell them they cant do that 

Good call by everyone who suggested the 11th July. 

Plus YES, some one should tell them they cant do the 11th, don't they know some of us will be at Mad Cool then.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Dales said:

Good call by everyone who suggested the 11th July. 

Plus YES, some one should tell them they cant do the 11th, don't they know some of us will be at Mad Cool then.

Maybe if we run really fast we can make both.

I guess I will be seeing them at the O2 in a couple of weeks. Makes up for it slightly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Taylor Swift fans are quaking in their boots 

I bet there are a few Swift fans with tickets for BST who are more then a bit gutted by the clash. I guess that's the advantage of announcing early, you can sell your tickets before people have a choice of alternative events.

21 minutes ago, Dales said:

I bet there are a few Swift fans with tickets for BST who are more then a bit gutted by the clash. I guess that's the advantage of announcing early, you can sell your tickets before people have a choice of alternative events.

Yeah I’ve seen on Twitter a few angry fans. The promoters don’t care, it’s just business.