Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

42 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I hope this KOL gig doesn't sell out straight away and ends up being in a 2 for 1 offer. 

If only we could get good deals on all tickets. However, I think KOL in London could be a good seller especially with a few reasonable supports. As usual price will be a factor. In recent years most of  the 2 for 1 offers seem to be for tickets that are well over priced for the headliner. If KOL does happen and they price it right then they shoudl sell like hot cakes.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:44 PM, Dales said:

If only we could get good deals on all tickets. However, I think KOL in London could be a good seller especially with a few reasonable supports. As usual price will be a factor. In recent years most of  the 2 for 1 offers seem to be for tickets that are well over priced for the headliner. If KOL does happen and they price it right then they shoudl sell like hot cakes.

I don't know how well the Liverpool show they did with Franz Ferdinand, Echo & the Bunnymen and Sam Fender sold, but I imagine that in London, that kind of concert would still sell pretty well.

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/events-and-activities/events-parks/large-and-major-events

Is Community three days? And KOL are playing 11th July? Yes I know we’ve seen them apparently playing in June.

If not I wonder who is playing the 11th 👀

Edited by NickisGinger

1 hour ago, NickisGinger said:

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/events-and-activities/events-parks/large-and-major-events

Is Community three days? And KOL are playing 11th July? Yes I know we’ve seen them apparently playing in June.

If not I wonder who is playing the 11th 👀

Kings of Leon are at Mad Cool on Saturday the 11th July.

I also wonder who is playing.

30 minutes ago, Dales said:

Sounds plausible.

That would really rub it in. Not play Mad Cool and then turn up in London the same week as Mad Cool is in. 

Maybe they play Mad Cool on 10th and then Finsbury Park on 11th? Makes sense only they are playing primavera in barcelona the week before so maybe not..?

I hope they play finsbury park i will be there!

12 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

So is this still a thing. I've never thought of community as hugely well selling and there's like no news at all 5 months away...

Their socials have gone completely quiet, but they are selling pre-order merch on their site for 2020. 

On this link, it suggests plans for it over the last weekend of June. Page last updated in December 2019;

In reply to your Q, no idea!  

Going 3 days on glastonbury weekend is an interesting idea to say the least. Would probably end up with a lineup not far from TRSNMT's i reckon. I can't see it happening honestly - the whole new music thing has to go if its 3 days thats for certain.

16 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Courteeners  // The Wombats // The Big Moon

Feel like this could be very wrong- the courteeners are way too big to headline the likes of community- more likely to headline ynot or truck festival imo. The wombats were there in 2018 so it’s unlikely they’ll be back this year.

16 minutes ago, Kian said:

Feel like this could be very wrong- the courteeners are way too big to headline the likes of community- more likely to headline ynot or truck festival imo. The wombats were there in 2018 so it’s unlikely they’ll be back this year.

Courteeners are less big in London, so if they’re going to do an outdoor gig in the south then headlining this would make sense. The wombats actually last played in 2017, so I wouldn’t rule them out. They’d probably sub this but could even headline, I’m not sure they’re any smaller than the kooks who headlined last year.