Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

1 minute ago, gfa said:

They did it during the year when it wasn't the same weekend as glastonbury but not this year. Really doubt that will happen honestly with it being the same weekend as Glastonbury unless its like an extension to Wireless. Would like to see it move to the saturday it wasn't even dark really when the kooks ended this year (9.30 if that)

I agree, when we left, it felt like when’d been there a short while, when we had been there all day!

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Burt&Sebastian said:

The announcement is late this year, compared with last year - do you think this is gong ahead?

I hope so, it was a good value festival last year, £40 for some great acts

Theyve still been fairly active on social media. Pretty sure it'll still be going ahead

11 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

£69/76??  Damn. 
Maybe community will be the Saturday? 

It was originally Saturday. maybe they think this will sell well so they put it on the sunday and then community has a weak headliner. all for it though the 9.30 finish was a joke

Tbf I thought it was dead but if they’ve posted on their social media recently, and I’m on the Pollen app and have an option to sell tickets for Community it must be going ahead. 
As much as I love Foals and want to believe they’re still big enough to headline Glasto and R&L I feel like Community might be their next stop. They’d probably be the biggest headliner they’ve had at the time of the festival but I guess it’s not too much of a stretch. I know it’s London and not up north but I could definitely see Courteeners doing it too. With a string undercard it’d easily sell as well as the past few years. Almost everyone I know goes for the day out rather than the lineup. 

Won’t be making it three years in a row myself, got Glasto. (Will be a bit gutted if Foals play though they’re one of my favourite bands)

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Tbf I thought it was dead but if they’ve posted on their social media recently, and I’m on the Pollen app and have an option to sell tickets for Community it must be going ahead. 
As much as I love Foals and want to believe they’re still big enough to headline Glasto and R&L I feel like Community might be their next stop. They’d probably be the biggest headliner they’ve had at the time of the festival but I guess it’s not too much of a stretch. I know it’s London and not up north but I could definitely see Courteeners doing it too. With a string undercard it’d easily sell as well as the past few years. Almost everyone I know goes for the day out rather than the lineup. 

Won’t be making it three years in a row myself, got Glasto. (Will be a bit gutted if Foals play though they’re one of my favourite bands)

Foals would be a perfect fit but I just don't see it with 3 nights at Olympia.

Courteeners 100% could do it, perhaps it could be moved to Sat 11th/Sun 12th July (after wireless) and they'll do TRNSMT and Community across the weekend.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Foals would be a perfect fit but I just don't see it with 3 nights at Olympia.

Courteeners 100% could do it, perhaps it could be moved to Sat 11th/Sun 12th July (after wireless) and they'll do TRNSMT and Community across the weekend.

Forgot about this Olympia dates, yeah rules them out. Courteeners are probably one of the most reasonable shouts with them deffo being active next summer and not having played before. 
Who else in the mix to headline? Royal Blood, The Wombats maybe. Get Sam Fender or Wolf Alice subbing with Frank Carter and Declan McKenna 3rd and 4th and that’s a strong top half of the bill without repeats (bar the Wombats if it is them)

5 hours ago, TheWaters said:

how is that pollen app? was meaning to get it but it looked a bit pyramid schemey. How many tickets do you have to sell to get a free one or what commission do you get?

same position here - done the last 3 (resale for kooks ;) ) but this year I am doing glasto so hope its not too good!

29 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Forgot about this Olympia dates, yeah rules them out. Courteeners are probably one of the most reasonable shouts with them deffo being active next summer and not having played before. 
Who else in the mix to headline? Royal Blood, The Wombats maybe. Get Sam Fender or Wolf Alice subbing with Frank Carter and Declan McKenna 3rd and 4th and that’s a strong top half of the bill without repeats (bar the Wombats if it is them)

Have strong suspicion Royal Blood will do APE. 

Could Wolf Alice not headline outright? Agreed - Sam Fender sub and Frank Carter 3rd would be great.

52 minutes ago, gfa said:

how is that pollen app? was meaning to get it but it looked a bit pyramid schemey. How many tickets do you have to sell to get a free one or what commission do you get?

same position here - done the last 3 (resale for kooks ;) ) but this year I am doing glasto so hope its not too good!

Will DM you about Pollen in a sec.

Yeah hopefully not amazing haha.

48 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Have strong suspicion Royal Blood will do APE. 

Could Wolf Alice not headline outright? Agreed - Sam Fender sub and Frank Carter 3rd would be great.

RB doing APE is a good shout. Yeah I'd agree that Wolf Alice could headline outright, but I would've said the same about Blossoms this year (which is why they were billed special guests I assume). Would probably be great if they got a run of Frank Carter>Sam Fender>Wolf Alice. Very strong that. Get Sam booked before he's a headliner and nothing less.

5 hours ago, Dales said:

Would it be to much of a stretch to think that Sam Fender could actually headline? His star is rising rather quickly.

I think headlining next year when he's between albums is likely, but he's already doing two nights at Ally Pally a few months before Community so I'd be surprised if they doubled up on that.

3 hours ago, Dales said:

I posted in the All Points East thread about The Libertines being of the size to maybe headline there. What do you think of them as maybe also being the sort of band to headline Community?

Decent shout tbf I could see them doing it. Community is supposed to be about new music but they had the Kooks headline this year so they don’t seem too bothered on sticking to that haha.

• Upvote 1