Flares / Smoke Bombs

lukethekid

Just now, guypjfreak said:

Long story short old son 

Lol basically it's a term of friendship.. How it started goes back 30plus years in woods with friends I think lol but now it's just like hi mate.. So it's just that really no piss take.. 

Hope that helps old son 

Ya can sort get that it’s a term you use on a social level as a nice way of greeting people, but ya read it that much that you’re start questioning it ? Nice one for the answer though..... old son. 

4 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Ya can sort get that it’s a term you use on a social level as a nice way of greeting people, but ya read it that much that you’re start questioning it ? Nice one for the answer though..... old son. 

No worries old son.. 

• Like 1

I don't know. These flares are designed to be used offshore when you are in distress. Mind you it would be cool if you were arguing with your other half and you needed an out. A Royal Navy Sea King arrives to whisk you away and jobs a good un. Ballocks on the acoustics mind 

Just to note the setting off flares in a crowd is bad and may have consequences that may include anal insertion. 

On 10/26/2019 at 11:41 AM, Gnomicide said:

Was that at Red Rum Club? The stewards made them take it outside.

Anyway, I like the flares but not a fan of the smoke bombs. I don't think the smoke adds anything other than obscuring people's view, whereas flares look great.

It was Red Rum Club.

Great set and the stewards acted very quickly and responsibly 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, GoonerRob said:

Can't believe i got a downvote for that cool photo!

The downvoters round here are a bit funny... I got one the other day for pointing out that NME should proof read their articles before publishing!

Neutralised your down vote though... cool pic!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lukethekid said:

How come you use the term “old son” so much if you don’t mind me asking? 

ok so you can completely forget my theory Old son .. just like the headliners I am completely wrong :) .... saw the name oldson on fb the other day and presumed it was guys surname !!! Its a conspiracy I reckon :) 

I'm no fan, if you have Asthma you can choose not to hang around campfires and other places you know there will be large amounts of smoke. There's nothing you can do when wedged into a crowd and someone sets something off nearby. It would be ok if people let them off in space safely, but then that wouldn't get their mugs on TV so why would they bother?

Leave the pyros to the professionals imo and get Rammstein booked up!

Reading this thread, I really don't like the thought that there is something making others feel uncomfortable at a concert, especially when it's not something you can make a clear decision to avoid. However, at the right time and place, seeing flares in the crowd sends a chill down the spine and really feeds into the magical atmosphere. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, maelzoid said:

I lean toward the latter. I think they are a danger, though fortunately I've not heard of any serious incidents, but drunk people + explosives are not a good combo.

Liam Gallagher gig: Fan burned by flare at Sheffield concert https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50490458

So if we can’t trust the public to hold them and not drop or throw them around dangerously is the answer to have some on poles in the crowd controlled centrally by the lighting people to set off at key moments?

gives the atmosphere without the danger.

21 minutes ago, morph100 said:

So if we can’t trust the public to hold them and not drop or throw them around dangerously is the answer to have some on poles in the crowd controlled centrally by the lighting people to set off at key moments?

gives the atmosphere without the danger.

Wouldn't stop them spewing out hot embers. Would need a 5 metre cordon around them in all directions.

I’ve been close to an accident with a flare at a football match when an idiot chucked one. Not only did it cause burns to someone’s neck  it started a panic amongst others. Also a thunderflash, basically a helluva loud banger,  was set off that scared children and i understand caused  temporary deafness to someone close by to it.

I know it looks atmospheric and spectacular especially at night but it’s just not worth it if it causes injury to others. Putting a flare in the hands of someone off their tits or drunk in a rammed arena is just asking for trouble.