Flares / Smoke Bombs

lukethekid

2 hours ago, GoonerRob said:

Can't believe i got a downvote for that cool photo!

Have an upvote for photography. 

Smokey shit for outside . 

You've let Glastonbury down, You've let your friends down, you've let me down,  but most of all you've let yourself down.

Beware the downvoters. They'll ruin your sleep. ????????????

Edited by mashedonmud
  • Upvote 1

They do look good but tbh anyone setting them off in a crowd and not giving a monkeys' if the red hot glowing embers are going to land on, and potentially injure, anyone else is an arsehole in my book. Doing what you want and sodding the rest isn't really the festival ethos. If you're going to let them off where there's a bit of space then fine.

Edited by Johnnyseven

6 hours ago, sophiemarie said:

I love a good Glastonbury conspiracy theory.

Here's a glastonbury conspiracy for you.. Only this one is true 

I'm not sure how but the system for getting tickets has changed so that big groups of people like ours who have been doing glastonbury for a loongg time can't now get tickets for a group.. 

Out of a pool of over 60 people only one group got through.. It was the same for the NFR crew and also 4 of the 5 big crews along row mead.. 

I'm not sure how it is or how it works but for the 2nd year running all the big groups I know have not been able to get tickets... And let's face it we all like to have our friends with us don't we. 

Conspiracy or not getting tickets is getting silly.. Hence this is the my last glasto.... Again lol 

5 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm not sure how but the system for getting tickets has changed so that big groups of people like ours who have been doing glastonbury for a loongg time can't now get tickets for a group.. 

Out of a pool of over 60 people only one group got through.. It was the same for the NFR crew and also 4 of the 5 big crews along row mead.. 

I'm not sure how it is or how it works but for the 2nd year running all the big groups I know have not been able to get tickets... And let's face it we all like to have our friends with us don't we. 

Conspiracy or not getting tickets is getting silly.. Hence this is the my last glasto.... Again lol 

The bit that’s true is the lol at the end lol

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

That’s not a conspiracy theory, that’s just maths. More people want to go than ever before, hence big groups that used to take it for granted are now no longer guaranteed to be ‘lucky’. Sounds like a good thing to me. If you’re referring to that smug group that set up camp at the top of the the pyramid every year, why should they get to go every year over a group of people that have never experienced the festival before?

As for flairs/Smoke bombs, I like them. I don’t doubt they are dangerous, however the fact that you never hear of any serious incidents speaks volumes. They are designed to be handled by humans in distress situations, yes they are hot and potentially dangerous especially when handled by drunk people but they’ve not deliberately been designed to be dangerous to handle, quite the opposite.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

35 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Has anyone ever seen someone get turfed out of the festival for lighting one, out of interest?

I was by one for the chem bros back in 2011. Security was close by and just told the guy to drop it. The ground was all mud so went out pretty quickly. 

I don’t even remember seeing security going after the Courteeners fans throwing glass bottles.

Unless there’s security right next to the person with the flare there’s nothing they can do. By the time they get through the crowd the flare is out and the person is unidentifiable. 

12 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That’s not a conspiracy theory, that’s just maths. More people want to go than ever before, hence big groups that used to take it for granted are now no longer guaranteed to be ‘lucky’. Sounds like a good thing to me. If you’re referring to that smug group that set up camp at the top of the the pyramid every year, why should they get to go every year over a group of people that have never experienced the festival before?

As for flairs/Smoke bombs, I like them. I don’t doubt they are dangerous, however the fact that you never hear of any serious incidents speaks volumes. They are designed to be handled by humans in distress situations, yes they are hot and potentially dangerous especially when handled by drunk people but they’ve not deliberately been designed to be dangerous to handle, quite the opposite.

Have you ever met met me old son.. 

No 

Smug I'm not OK.................. I'm not calling you a prick am I..... Try and civil old son.. 

50 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Have you ever met met me old son.. 

No 

Smug I'm not OK.................. I'm not calling you a prick am I..... Try and civil old son.. 

You’re more than welcome to call me what you like, but you’re the one complaining about all 60 of your friends not getting tickets and blaming conspiracy theories in a thread about something entirely different. You shouldn’t get upset about somebody calling you up on it.

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You’re more than welcome to call me what you like, but you’re the one complaining about all 60 of your friends not getting tickets and blaming conspiracy theories in a thread about something entirely different. You shouldn’t get upset about somebody calling you up on it.

Maybe I'm just lucky enough to have friends that I'd like to go to places with... I may just add that as anyone who knows me will tell ya is that of say that 60 that's like 2 or 3 separate groups it's just that WE ALL TRY AS ONE .. Same as the NFR group... No difference .

As for where I camp row mead it's obvious that I'd know people up there and those who haven't got tickets.. If you got a ticket and want to camp up there let me know.. You might look good looking smug lol 

But you call me out anytime u like.. As for upset.. I've got more to worry about than you old son.. I just said be civil.. Not a smeg ah 

7 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Maybe I'm just lucky enough to have friends that I'd like to go to places with... I may just add that as anyone who knows me will tell ya is that of say that 60 that's like 2 or 3 separate groups it's just that WE ALL TRY AS ONE .. Same as the NFR group... No difference .

As for where I camp row mead it's obvious that I'd know people up there and those who haven't got tickets.. If you got a ticket and want to camp up there let me know.. You might look good looking smug lol 

But you call me out anytime u like.. As for upset.. I've got more to worry about than you old son.. I just said be civil.. Not a smeg ah 

So that group of 60 is made up of 2 or 3 groups, so still groups of 20+?

Its not reasonable to just expect to get tickets for 20 odd people, and it’s not down to a conspiracy theory that you didn’t. 

It may come as a surprise to you but I have friends as well, I’d imagine most people who go to the festival do. I’m going with the friends in my group of 6 that got lucky. I have less friends going than failed to get tickets (probably 3 times as many failed) but I still feel lucky to have a ticket and not hard done by that another 20/40/60 people I know couldn’t go as well. It would be pretty selfish to expect to have that many friends at a festival that has 2.4m people registered to attend.

And if there is actually a conspiracy theory I’m all for it, I’ll try my hardest to go every year, but as many new people should get the opportunity to go as possible.

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

So that group of 60 is made up of 2 or 3 groups, so still groups of 20+?

Its not reasonable to just expect to get tickets for 20 odd people, and it’s not down to a conspiracy theory that you didn’t. 

It may come as a surprise to you but I have friends as well, I’d imagine most people who go to the festival do. I’m going with the friends in my group of 6 that got lucky. I have less friends going than failed to get tickets (probably 3 times as many failed) but I still feel lucky to have a ticket and not hard done by that another 20/40/60 people I know couldn’t go as well. It would be pretty selfish to expect to have that many friends at a festival that has 2.4m people registered to attend.

And if there is actually a conspiracy theory I’m all for it, I’ll try my hardest to go every year, but as many new people should get the opportunity to go as possible.

There you go some of your friends didn't get tickets same mine as but cos I said they were on the front row you thought me smug........ I'm made up I have tickets.. There'll be enough people I have met over the last 20 odd years but you must admit being at Glastonbury.. Or other festivals but especially glastonbury its great to be with your friends and family.. 

I'm watching this thing about grime and little t.. For some reason that's how I'm imaging you old son.... Just little bit childish.... Hey fuck I might be wrong.... And hey I should be civil but shit happens.. Your probably a very nice person lol 

Oo if your not watching it go channel 4..i don't like grim or rap stuff but it's an interesting watch old son 

7 hours ago, lukethekid said:

How come you use the term “old son” so much if you don’t mind me asking? 

Long story short old son 

Lol basically it's a term of friendship.. How it started goes back 30plus years in woods with friends I think lol but now it's just like hi mate.. So it's just that really no piss take.. 

Hope that helps old son