Special guests (during another band/ artists performance) - the good, the bad and the bizarre

Mr Boo

2 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Bizzare: Every time Noel Fielding joins Kasabian. It’s still funny every time to me though. 

I seen him in Leicester Square randomly last summer and some bloke shouted "on your marks, get set, bake" at him in the most random voice ever.

I was very confused until the mrs told me he was on bake off. I think I was more annoyed that people don't shout stuff from the Mighty Boosh or IT crowd at him. 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

I seen him in Leicester Square randomly last summer and some bloke shouted "on your marks, get set, bake" at him in the most random voice ever.

I was very confused until the mrs told me he was on bake off. I think I was more annoyed that people don't shout stuff from the Mighty Boosh or IT crowd at him. 

I am the moon

I once had Noel Fielding behind me in a queue for a cash point on Oxford Street, wearing a bright white, waist length fur coat, skintight black jeans and shiny silver cowboy boots. An ensemble which he somehow managed to make look perfectly normal.

Edited by waltere

10 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

I read a guardian interview with Tricky recently that largely focused on his daughter passing away. It also touched on this and it sounded like everything overwhelmed and he had a bit of a panic attack. Quite sad in the context of the interview. 

I read that. I see him in a very different light after. Poor bloke. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cant normally stand Sam Smith ... but in this instance I would definitely agree ... Loved it 

Sam Smith solo is awful.

Sam Smith on features is actually pretty decent.

He's got a great voice but you can't let him decide what to sing basically.

10 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

I read that. I see him in a very different light after. Poor bloke. 

His autobiography is out next week and by all accounts is a very heavy read, he's been through some stuff. There's a mini-chapter on his Glastonbury experience including this passage on the performance itself:

IMG_20191025_194747621.jpg

On 10/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, Gnomicide said:

It was Gaslight Anthem [/pedant]

On 10/24/2019 at 2:00 PM, Badlands said:

Same difference...

?

On 10/24/2019 at 1:38 PM, Badlands said:

Springsteen popping up with The Hold Steady? Find it odd Bruce’s played John Peel!!

On 10/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, Gnomicide said:

It was Gaslight Anthem [/pedant]

On 10/24/2019 at 2:00 PM, Badlands said:

Same difference...

?

Jersey shore vs. Brooklyn band w/ songs about Minnesota ?? 

difference

On 10/24/2019 at 6:38 PM, Badlands said:

Springsteen popping up with The Hold Steady? Find it odd Bruce’s played John Peel!!

I was there that year, am a massive Bruce fan and I managed to miss it.  Have seen a clip of it since.

I went to see Rokia Traoré at West Holts instead (or was it JazzWorld back then?).

Oops - ah yes, it was Gaslight Anthem. Not a big fan of either (HS, GA).

Edited by Watergirl

21 hours ago, mcshed said:

His autobiography is out next week and by all accounts is a very heavy read, he's been through some stuff. There's a mini-chapter on his Glastonbury experience including this passage on the performance itself:

IMG_20191025_194747621.jpg

I remember an interview after it where he said he had smoked a massive spliff just before it  :lol: