Special guests (during another band/ artists performance) - the good, the bad and the bizarre

Mr Boo

So which sets were enhanced by the introduction of a special guest?

Also were there any guest appearances that were detrimental to a band/ artists set?

Personally I generally love other artists appearing during a set. 

Good - this year I really enjoyed the Pet Shop Boys and Johnny Marr coming on during the Killers encore.

Bad -  I generally forget about those guests that don’t make an impact or are a mistake. Will need to give this more thought.

Bizarre- Richie Sambora appearing during Dolly Parton’s set to play Bon Jovi’s ‘lay your hands on me’. Didn’t see that coming, made me laugh though ?

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It was Gaslight Anthem [/pedant]

That actually was quite fun. Was sat outside the tent tapping my toes to the GA enjoying the sunshine and suddenly all hell broke loose. I got up to investigate and was delighted to see the Boss up on stage with his fellow New Jerseymen. A genuine surprise and not one that was foretold by the internet. Most enjoyable.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

beyonce-is-joined-by-tricky-as-she-headl

I read a guardian interview with Tricky recently that largely focused on his daughter passing away. It also touched on this and it sounded like everything overwhelmed and he had a bit of a panic attack. Quite sad in the context of the interview. 

9 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

A genuine surprise and not one that was foretold by the internet. Most enjoyable.

really, it was probably the most predictable thing that could have happened.

which makes it all the more sickening to me that i did not predict it and missed it.

doh.