Speakers

morph100

Bloody hell 

You can take what you want 

Except 

Drugs 

Drugs and sneaking in.. 

Sneaking in with drugs is terrible and is not allowed 

Sneaking in with a dog or cat other animals are available with drugs and bottles of alcohol that too is not allowed.. Nor are fireworks or any other weapon... 

And if you could leave one use plastic behind even better 

But Bluetooth speakers are fine old son as long as you take them and anything else you have home.. 

Edit 

Don't put drugs in Bluetooth speakers as everyone does that and it ruins the sound quality.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

Not sure why you’d need a Bluetooth speaker unless your wanted to listen to sport. The site is pretty loud with lots going on all around.

I would understand if it was for the Wednesday/Thursday at Reading.

I personally wouldn’t bother taking one to save weight as my larger one is heavy & my smaller one just wouldn’t be loud enough in the campsite.

Just my opinion though. Would be useful if campervanning though!

While speakers are fine to bring, please don't sit in your campsite listening to and singing along to loud music 24 hours a day while at the festival. Last year we were camped near people doing just that, they seemingly came only to watch Gerry Cinnamon and Lewis Capaldi, and seemed to be listening to them on repeat whenever we were back at our tent. 

It's a mad crazy festival with always somewhere to be, things to see, go out and experience it!

Grumble

1 minute ago, matichin said:

While speakers are fine to bring, please don't sit in your campsite listening to and singing along to loud music 24 hours a day while at the festival. Last year we were camped near people doing just that, they seemingly came only to watch Gerry Cinnamon and Lewis Capaldi, and seemed to be listening to them on repeat whenever we were back at our tent. 

It's a mad crazy festival with always somewhere to be, things to see, go out and experience it!

Grumble

would you be ok with soothing flamingo noises though ? :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

would you be ok with soothing flamingo noises though ? :) 

That would be acceptable. As long as they are soothing. I would also accept rainforest sounds, ocean sounds (apart from first thing in the morning when I need to toilet) and small groups of Peruvian panpipe players, playing ambient covers of acts on the lineup.

19 hours ago, Bisque said:

I would understand if it was for the Wednesday/Thursday at Reading.

You've just reminded me of wandering round solo on the first night of my first (Reading) festival as my mate was being a bit of a blanket, and hearing some decent music form within the campsite. These guys had a huge soundsystem and a couple of gazebos tied together and were having a Dave Rave. Basically everyone who entered got a 'Hello, my name is Dave' sticker, then got introduced to everyone as Dave to a bunch of Daves. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

You've just reminded me of wandering round solo on the first night of my first (Reading) festival as my mate was being a bit of a blanket, and hearing some decent music form within the campsite. These guys had a huge soundsystem and a couple of gazebos tied together and were having a Dave Rave. Basically everyone who entered got a 'Hello, my name is Dave' sticker, then got introduced to everyone as Dave to a bunch of Daves. 

We used to call our random evenings wandering around in a big booze fuelled groups a jaunt.

Searching out raves in massive tents, trolley, fire trolley, the guys that played the drums on the bins, climbing under the Oxfam tent, standing on hill, trying to pick up girls, meeting up with the the year above (a diss proportion of my mates had brothers a year older), cage fights and our favourite port-a-rave.

Best night was the riot of of 2006 where a few of us climbed the fire trucks & crowd surfed off them.
I was fortunate that my parents bought me a cheap camera for travels, a Samsung that took AA batteries and had no zoom, so I have all this documented! Camera phones weren’t really a thing back then & had terrible battery.

Then we grew up & I used to bring along my boom box with 8 heavy D batteries & an iPod classic with one of those iTrips & have our own party around the campsite (with a jaunt or two thrown in).

Memories. I had such a laugh but all had to be fun you initiated yourself with friends, Glasto just gives it to you on a plate.

Edit: we used to listen to the Ashes on the radio too hungover in the morning. It must of been in Australia that year & England won. You could probably find somewhere at Glasto to do that.

Edited by Bisque
  • Upvote 1

Well I was planning on strapping a disco light to my head, using my phone and Bluetooth speaker to make a mini disco in a long drop. Playing mainly 80s pop mixed with banging techno with flamingo squark samples over the top.

so if your having a poo and hear some beats from the cubicle next door, it’s me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Well I was planning on strapping a disco light to my head, using my phone and Bluetooth speaker to make a mini disco in a long drop. Playing mainly 80s pop mixed with banging techno with flamingo squark samples over the top.

so if your having a poo and hear some beats from the cubicle next door, it’s me.

This is the greatest idea I’ve ever heard

14 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Awesome. Requests? Please play Patrick Hernandez Born to be Alive!

https://youtu.be/RPe80pxdFFM

Edited by semmtexx
Fecking autocorrect.

23 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I’ll bring some glitter balls