John peel 2020 acts

OllieR

11 hours ago, Dronx said:

The Cribs (headline)

Fuck it, give Coldplay the pyramid if this comes through. Mainly because it means we'd probably need new material for them to do it, I miss them (The Cribs that is).

6 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Would like to see Girl Band make an appearance. Fucking amazing. 

Aye, probably have something to prove in the attendance department before getting booked. In the top 5 bands I've seen live the time they turned up though, they'd be great in the tent.

(not that I'm holding anything against them for not turning up on previous occasions, it was disappointing but I'm aware of the health reasons they had to pull out for).

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Fuck it, give Coldplay the pyramid if this comes through. Mainly because it means we'd probably need new material for them to do it, I miss them (The Cribs that is).

Aye, probably have something to prove in the attendance department before getting booked. In the top 5 bands I've seen live the time they turned up though, they'd be great in the tent.

(not that I'm holding anything against them for not turning up on previous occasions, it was disappointing but I'm aware of the health reasons they had to pull out for).

I hear ya. From Dublin myself and have missed out on a few gigs so fingers crossed. Saw them at electric picnic and fuck me they are incredible live. So good the first time I went straight for the second set afterwards (secretish set). Have tickets for Manchester. 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

I hear ya. From Dublin myself and have missed out on a few gigs so fingers crossed. Saw them at electric picnic and fuck me they are incredible live. So good the first time I went straight for the second set afterwards (secretish set). Have tickets for Manchester. 

Aye same, got tickets in the pre-sale just to be sure, arrived today coincidentally. 

There's 3 or 4 other gigs I'd love to go to that night so speaks volumes that I'm not arsed about missing any of them in the slightest.

3 hours ago, rubick said:

A return to JPT for King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, or will they continue their Grand Tour of Glastonbury Stages by moving across to The Other? Sort of hope not, would love to see them in JPT again (ticket pending of course). 

Definitely big enough for Other now, they headlined Green Man, and played Ally Pally the other day. Could be a JPT headliner, I suppose.

6 hours ago, RossTC said:

Ocean Colour Scene? Touring as there 25th anniversary next year i believe. Due a return to the farm!

Would love OCS to play.

Suppose they fit the Other Stage opener slot profile (90s band with a couple of big tunes). And, unlike most, I think they could actually pull it off. Day we Caught The Train could be a perfect sunny (?) midday singalong.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Would love OCS to play.

Suppose they fit the Other Stage opener slot profile (90s band with a couple of big tunes). And, unlike most, I think they could actually pull it off. Day we Caught The Train could be a perfect sunny (?) midday singalong.

OCS were my first proper gig (Aston Villa Leisure Centre 1995 fact fans) so I'd be up for a little bit of nostalgia.

That said I saw them play a free gig in Hyde Park when the Olympics were on and even though I hadn't paid I still felt ripped off.

• Like 1