Festival Blagger

waynewdk

I was a bit annoyed when I watched this, and glad that he apologises at the end, because he is giving away blags for people who actually do this kind of thing. Security teams are going to be more alert now because of this guy, who probably only got paid £50 for this article. Thanks a bunch!

Anyone who thinks this wouldn't work at Glastonbury is wrong. I have a friend who gets into Glastonbury every year in a similar way (but even more ingenious). I shant be saying how though as there are probably sad jobsworth Oxfam people on here.

• Downvote 3

I got into Glasto on the blag in 2009. Had a Pyramid AAA guest pass with no photo on it given to me by a friend in a band who was playing the Pyramid (not saying who!), but I had to become 'Sheila' for the day. Wig, fake boobs, makeup, jewellery, and shaved my sideburns off. Worked a treat and got to watch all the Pyramid bands from the viewing platform. Met Damon Albarn and Tom Jones, and saw Status Quo doing their backstage warm up. One of my greatest life achievements!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Troop Dogg said:

I got into Glasto on the blag in 2009. Had a Pyramid AAA guest pass with no photo on it given to me by a friend in a band who was playing the Pyramid (not saying who!), but I had to become 'Sheila' for the day. Wig, fake boobs, makeup, jewellery, and shaved my sideburns off. Worked a treat and got to watch all the Pyramid bands from the viewing platform. Met Damon Albarn and Tom Jones, and saw Status Quo doing their backstage warm up. One of my greatest life achievements!

I would like to know if you carried on wearing all this after the festival?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troop Dogg said:

perfect ... just a normal day for me :) 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Troop Dogg said:

Did Tom Jones try it on?

• Like 1

I reckon you could get backstage at some of the smaller stages and into crew bars and areas with some of these tactics no problem. We managed to get some people we met into Maceo's without them having crew wristbands no problem and some of the backstage 'security' at some stages (eg Avalon Cafe) didn't seem to bothered about who went back there. Getting onto the festival site and into more high profile areas i'd be very surprised though.

Good confidence, interesting read but......

Some tactics shouldn't be revealed, people will be asking where to stash your stash next. FFS. ?

Had a friend who got taken to Welfare tent at a festival,  It happens I know.

But he was outside of the festival without a ticket but they insisted on taking him in. I went with him as 'responsible person', Happy days.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Did Tom Jones try it on?

@Troop Dogg amazing tale, what was Sir Tom and Damon's chat?  Listened to the George Ezra podcast (I know, I know, but he gets good guests!) and Tom was really interesting.

Article itself was entertaining @waynewdk cheers.  Though I have a blagger pal who had 2 teeth knocked out by torch-wielding security at Glastonbury about ten years back.  You don't read so many of those tales.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I reckon you could get backstage at some of the smaller stages and into crew bars and areas with some of these tactics no problem. We managed to get some people we met into Maceo's without them having crew wristbands no problem and some of the backstage 'security' at some stages (eg Avalon Cafe) didn't seem to bothered about who went back there. Getting onto the festival site and into more high profile areas i'd be very surprised though.

They will be next year lol 

12 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Lads I know got into Glastonbury using the hard-hat and high vis method a few years ago, did themselves fake laminated passes and all.

having worked an early shift (Sat to Tues) at glasto with Oxfam, every *single* persons wrist band was checked, they where mainly security guards bar one interesting guy who work at the farm, he pulled out almost every wristband - stuck on a sheet, that could pass through!! he was legit cos he was modifiying the layout with huge arse tractor almost every day

we even turned away a neighbour to the festival who's land GFL was using - we radio'd that in to double check

remember you only hear the odd success stories there's probably multiple 1000's of failures

• Downvote 1