Chef

British Summer Time 2020

19 hours ago, sisco said:

Duran Duran just announced an Irish date next June so guess they’re pretty much confirmed for this

Compared to most bands duplicating dates, there's reasons to think this one might not happen.

They were a late booking, and stepped on the IoW exclusive; BST will have more options available to them next year and IoW might want their exclusive back.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:41 AM, Neil said:

Compared to most bands duplicating dates, there's reasons to think this one might not happen.

They were a late booking, and stepped on the IoW exclusive; BST will have more options available to them next year and IoW might want their exclusive back.

Any indication why they were a late add? Someone dropped out?

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Any indication why they were a late add? Someone dropped out?

I'm guessing they were struggling to get acts they thought of as suitable.

That's unlikely to be a problem for next year, when it's likely there'll be few acts who won't be touring.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:48 AM, Neil said:

I'm guessing they were struggling to get acts they thought of as suitable.

That's unlikely to be a problem for next year, when it's likely there'll be few acts who won't be touring.

I’ll be surprised if acts are absolutely rushing to commit to expensive tours before gigs can 100% go on. Not the acts whose members can live comfortably on the riches they already have, anyway.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’ll be surprised if acts are absolutely rushing to commit to expensive tours before gigs can 100% go on. Not the acts whose members can live comfortably on the riches they already have, anyway.

there's not really any financial commitment at this point in taking a booking, and those big bands would be able to find enough shows at shortish notice to make a tour viable if it can happen.

But all I was really pointing out is that the big acts who were due to tour this summer are likely to tour next summer, while the big acts that were taking this summer off aren't likely to be taking next summer off - and so there'll be a bigger choice of big acts for the likes of BST next year than there was this year.

Edited by Neil

Duran Duran aren’t listed as an exclusive for IOW this time so I’ve no doubt they’ll be back at this too

I was sent another survey by BST yesterday. Mostly on social-distancing/hygiene measures, but they also asked for bands I was interested in seeing.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, sadimmock said:

I was sent another survey by BST yesterday. Mostly on social-distancing/hygiene measures, but they also asked for bands I was interested in seeing.

Who were the options?

potentially, however i doubt it for next year as she is doing her own stadium gig 

LG2021_ChromaticaBall_1.jpg

I don't think there's much info yet; I'm not expecting anything til near the year's end.

I think Duran Duran are the only headliner confirmed to be active next year. But not sure if they'll return; it seems like they were a late booking, perhaps replacing someone that dropped out.

20 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Anyone got any gossip about 2021

Pearl Jam specifically said their European tour of this summer was postponed to next summer rather than cancelled outright. How that plays out with BST is still to be seen, but it should at least put them on the rumour list...

Pearl jam are the one I’m really hoping come back! Never got to chance to see them 🤞🤞🤞

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Pearl jam are the one I’m really hoping come back! Never got to chance to see them 🤞🤞🤞

They just announced their European 2021 tour - so definitely active and in the vicinity. No UK date at the moment. I suspect this is because BST are not ready to announce yet, but the dates look like they line up. I would be pretty surprised if PJ don't end up at Hyde Park.

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

They just announced their European 2021 tour - so definitely active and in the vicinity. No UK date at the moment. I suspect this is because BST are not ready to announce yet, but the dates look like they line up. I would be pretty surprised if PJ don't end up at Hyde Park.

Awesome news fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞

• Upvote 1

Looking a bit closer at the tour dates, there is an 8-day gap in early July. My prediction is BST on Friday 9th July.

7 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Looking a bit closer at the tour dates, there is an 8-day gap in early July. My prediction is BST on Friday 9th July.

Legend, lets hope your right!

• Upvote 1