Chef

British Summer Time 2020

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm unimpressed.

Taking £5 per ticket, for not actually booking the event, and incurring less costs (ie not having to deal with ticket manufacture, delivery) for an event which has what 60,00 people....? Potentially £300,000 gross for them!

Despite what it says in the T&Cs, I maintain it is an unfair clause that puts the punter at a disadvantage, and is therefore protected by the consumer rights act. But good luck, getting the refund. Admittedly, I could take a £10 hit, but I was looking at £60 for Pearl Jam - so pleased that AXS did the right thing.

You win some you lose some, they still have staff to pay and everything

38 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Well I've not got a refund of £22 and £29 🤷🤷

I'm waiting on mine.  Which show were yours for 

3 minutes ago, atomised said:

I'm waiting on mine.  Which show were yours for 

I only had pearl jam on a payment plan, I moved to a new bank halfway through so I reckon that's gunna cause me an issue

I'm having a similar argument with festicket currently due to 2 cards I'd used across 5 bookings being stolen and replaced   hopefully they will sort it. Last email I had an hour or so ago suggested all had been processed so 3 to 5 days to reach accounts and then if any cant be applied to correct accounts they will bounce back to them 

Just heard from them again. They think it should still go through fine so watch and wait. In terms of changing accounts part way through payment plan s are being refunded in parts so each payment to the card it originated from

13 hours ago, atomised said:

Just heard from them again. They think it should still go through fine so watch and wait. In terms of changing accounts part way through payment plan s are being refunded in parts so each payment to the card it originated from

Ah cool, I'll wait patiently then

18 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

... they still have staff to pay and everything

Although we are currently in unprecedented times, my grievance is more to do with normal operating procedures in non-virus times. When an event gets cancelled, they should still be turning over enough profit and/or have insurance in place to cover their costs without putting the burden onto the punter.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Although we are currently in unprecedented times, my grievance is more to do with normal operating procedures in non-virus times. When an event gets cancelled, they should still be turning over enough profit and/or have insurance in place to cover their costs without putting the burden onto the punter.

The part that particularly grates with me is keeping the already extortionate delivery fees for something they clearly wont be delivering 

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

The event and the ticket seller are different entities.

3 hours ago, atomised said:

The part that particularly grates with me is keeping the already extortionate delivery fees for something they clearly wont be delivering 

Yeah not refunding the delivery fees is silly, can tolerate losing the booking fee though

Regarding Next Year I really think Arcade Fire will be likely to be on one of the days Win Butler has had a few album teases so expecting a new album by 2021 so that would be a good booking. Plus they would suit the BST image and there material is brilliant. Currently gone back to loving The Suburbs what an album so would be brilliant to see them!

8 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Regarding Next Year I really think Arcade Fire will be likely to be on one of the days Win Butler has had a few album teases so expecting a new album by 2021 so that would be a good booking. Plus they would suit the BST image and there material is brilliant. Currently gone back to loving The Suburbs what an album so would be brilliant to see them!

Would think them way more likely for APE 

2 minutes ago, atomised said:

Would think them way more likely for APE 

This. Think they'd probably need to coheadline to do BST

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

An Arcade Fire/The National co-headline affair was always something I thought would work brilliantly. A shame The National already did the co-headlining thing with Florence last year.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They headlined a few years back themselves are they that much smaller now?

16 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

They headlined a few years back themselves are they that much smaller now?

Oh. Well any idea how well that show sold? I just don't think they're that popular anymore tbh

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh. Well any idea how well that show sold? I just don't think they're that popular anymore tbh

Aye you’re right - they’ve dropped off a bit over the last five or so years. They’d be a big and popular headliner for APE, but them at BST would be a cheap/free ticket on the day affair for sure.

56 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I was there on a £2.50 ticket.  Was busy though

They did three nights at Wembley Arena last tour. Would sell out All Points East quite easily but would still comfortably headline this if not selling it out.

Also ‘needing a coheadline’ is just not a thing at BST. Duran Duran were headlining this year.

On 5/22/2020 at 8:33 AM, atomised said:

All of mine that were paid on an old card number have now arrived safely 

Still nothing for me.....looks like I'm gonna have to email them.... great

On 5/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Didn’t they have their biggest hit yet after the BST show? 

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

Still nothing for me.....looks like I'm gonna have to email them.... great

They normally respond fairly quickly. I haven't.worked it.out properly but I dont think I've ended up more than 20 quid down across 5 events and 7 tickets 

Duran Duran just announced an Irish date next June so guess they’re pretty much confirmed for this

• Upvote 1