British Summer Time 2020

Chef

9 minutes ago, atomised said:

Was expecting an announcement by now so I could make decisions 

If it was an email I can’t imagine anything goes out today now. Super odd to give a deadline for refunds and no news.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Those teaser videos they did before (with the clouds and song lyrics) were usually posted quite late, like 9pm. Hopefully they're not doing the same thing here...

Either you're right, or it's not coming today. Very odd. Maybe there's an embargo on one of the acts, but can't see why they would hold all of it back.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just imagine the scenes when they post a clip of some clouds, and the lyrics "Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you" 

:^)

Everyone would be ecstatic on Twitter until the announcement comes and it is Liam Gallagher

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What the fuck are they playing at?

Utterly bizarre really. Axs have been saying "soon" all day on Twitter and there's not even a tweet to acknowledge they're not meeting their own deadline. Just say "sorry guys, we're working on it but it will by end of May now".

I just wanted to carry my PJ ticket over if they do reschedule, but appreciate others might need the money now. 

"Hello,

Following on from our email to you on Wednesday 29 April, we are contacting you again with an update from the organisers of BST Hyde Park 2020.

"The challenges caused by COVID-19 continue to affect the global event industry. After regular consultations with the artist community and The Royal Parks regarding the ongoing crisis, we will continue to monitor the situation before announcing our 2021 programme of artists. As a result, we believe that the best course of action is to automatically refund all ticket holders whilst this process continues. No further action is needed from your side.

Whilst we continue our discussions with the artists, we want to reassure fans that you will not miss out and if your 2020 headliner confirms for the 2021 event, you will be given priority access before the general on sale to repurchase your tickets for that show. Full details will be released upon artist announcement."

Edited by zeppelin
Removed personal email

Seems like Taylor is unlikely to commit to repeating 2019 dates going by chat about other festivals she was due to play so already requested a refund, but even if I hadn't this seems like a very good approach to me.

2021 festival season appears unlikely so put money back in people's pockets and if it can go ahead that's a bonus, with priority access to tickets a fair approach. 

• Downvote 1