British Summer Time 2020

Chef

13 hours ago, atomised said:

Just heard from them again. They think it should still go through fine so watch and wait. In terms of changing accounts part way through payment plan s are being refunded in parts so each payment to the card it originated from

Ah cool, I'll wait patiently then

18 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

... they still have staff to pay and everything

Although we are currently in unprecedented times, my grievance is more to do with normal operating procedures in non-virus times. When an event gets cancelled, they should still be turning over enough profit and/or have insurance in place to cover their costs without putting the burden onto the punter.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Although we are currently in unprecedented times, my grievance is more to do with normal operating procedures in non-virus times. When an event gets cancelled, they should still be turning over enough profit and/or have insurance in place to cover their costs without putting the burden onto the punter.

The part that particularly grates with me is keeping the already extortionate delivery fees for something they clearly wont be delivering 

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

The event and the ticket seller are different entities.

Regarding Next Year I really think Arcade Fire will be likely to be on one of the days Win Butler has had a few album teases so expecting a new album by 2021 so that would be a good booking. Plus they would suit the BST image and there material is brilliant. Currently gone back to loving The Suburbs what an album so would be brilliant to see them!

8 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Regarding Next Year I really think Arcade Fire will be likely to be on one of the days Win Butler has had a few album teases so expecting a new album by 2021 so that would be a good booking. Plus they would suit the BST image and there material is brilliant. Currently gone back to loving The Suburbs what an album so would be brilliant to see them!

Would think them way more likely for APE 

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh. Well any idea how well that show sold? I just don't think they're that popular anymore tbh

Aye you’re right - they’ve dropped off a bit over the last five or so years. They’d be a big and popular headliner for APE, but them at BST would be a cheap/free ticket on the day affair for sure.

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

Still nothing for me.....looks like I'm gonna have to email them.... great

They normally respond fairly quickly. I haven't.worked it.out properly but I dont think I've ended up more than 20 quid down across 5 events and 7 tickets 

19 hours ago, sisco said:

Duran Duran just announced an Irish date next June so guess they’re pretty much confirmed for this

Compared to most bands duplicating dates, there's reasons to think this one might not happen.

They were a late booking, and stepped on the IoW exclusive; BST will have more options available to them next year and IoW might want their exclusive back.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:41 AM, Neil said:

Compared to most bands duplicating dates, there's reasons to think this one might not happen.

They were a late booking, and stepped on the IoW exclusive; BST will have more options available to them next year and IoW might want their exclusive back.

Any indication why they were a late add? Someone dropped out?

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Any indication why they were a late add? Someone dropped out?

I'm guessing they were struggling to get acts they thought of as suitable.

That's unlikely to be a problem for next year, when it's likely there'll be few acts who won't be touring.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:48 AM, Neil said:

I'm guessing they were struggling to get acts they thought of as suitable.

That's unlikely to be a problem for next year, when it's likely there'll be few acts who won't be touring.

I’ll be surprised if acts are absolutely rushing to commit to expensive tours before gigs can 100% go on. Not the acts whose members can live comfortably on the riches they already have, anyway.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’ll be surprised if acts are absolutely rushing to commit to expensive tours before gigs can 100% go on. Not the acts whose members can live comfortably on the riches they already have, anyway.

there's not really any financial commitment at this point in taking a booking, and those big bands would be able to find enough shows at shortish notice to make a tour viable if it can happen.

But all I was really pointing out is that the big acts who were due to tour this summer are likely to tour next summer, while the big acts that were taking this summer off aren't likely to be taking next summer off - and so there'll be a bigger choice of big acts for the likes of BST next year than there was this year.

Edited by Neil