British Summer Time 2020

Chef

7 hours ago, SalviaPlath said:

Unless I've misread it the PJ statement applies to all dates apart from BST hence them flagging up the separate BST statement at the bottom.

On Pearl Jam website other European dates are listed as postponed but BST is listed as cancelled. 

They should be offering refunds though.  It's wrong to keep people's money in these circumstances. 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:36 AM, charlierc said:

Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that this year is likely to be a total right-off....depressing, but I suspect realistic!

I will of course be delighted to be proved wrong!

"write-off"

and yes of course it will be. 

On 4/11/2020 at 5:49 PM, Damsonz said:

They should be offering refunds though.  It's wrong to keep people's money in these circumstances. 

they will but, they can't just keep peoples money, thats kinda against all trading standards rulings. 

they will either offer replacement tickets (for next year most likely) but then we don't know 100% if the same bands will be signed up for them (i hope so as i spent frankly silly money on finally getting to see Pearl Jam live)...  or they will likely try to scab you for all of the booking fee's etc so just refund face value of the ticket.  

also you could just go to your credit card provider and claim under section 75 (as long as purchase was above £100) or do a chargeback on your debit card.   both valid options should the ticket provider attempt to screw you over. 

Edited by thefunkygibbonq

On 4/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, thefunkygibbonq said:

bah, I don't even want a refund at this stage, i just want to see pearl jam! 😞

PJ will defo play next year if they have rescheduled the other dates and festivals. I reckon we can keep tickets or have a refund, I will be carrying the PJ ticket over and getting a refund for Taylor if she reschedules hers as its a gig I dont need.

52 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I just got an email from AXS advising that the organisers are trying to rebook the headliners for 2021 and asking us to hold on until the 13th of May for further news. We will have the option of requesting a refund then.

Yep, I just got that one too although says I can request a refund now if I don't want to wait.

20 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

anyone else not received that email today? I got a couple from Festickets a few weeks ago but nothing since then.

Yeah, I’ve not heard a peep from them for a while.

edit, as I submitted this, just got an email from them:

Following the recent announcement that BST Hyde Park 2020 has sadly cancelled, we wanted to send a reminder that your tickets will automatically be transferred to the 2021 edition, and we will shortly be in touch with the new dates and line-up.
Alternatively you can request a full refund.
In agreement with the festival organisers we have now extended the deadline to request your refund to 13 May.

The festival have released the latest statement as follows:

We are so disappointed not to be putting on BST Hyde Park this summer however we will be back in 2021 and are working with the 2020 headliners on the possibility of returning next year. 
To avoid disappointment and secure your spot we would recommend holding onto your ticket/s which will be fully transferable if a new event is confirmed.
Your ticket agent will contact you by the 13th May with information of any re-confirmed headliners. If the new date is confirmed you will of course still be able to request a refund if you are unable to attend. If the new date is not confirmed you will be automatically refunded at this point and no further action will be required.

If you have already requested a refund, you need to take no further action and we will now start our automated refund process on 13th May.

Regards,
Festicket Help Team

Edited by Jack The Stripper

56 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Bloody great, they could of said in the initial post they were working on retaining headliners, wouldn't have requested a refund so quickly then!

They did say they were reviewing future plans and the full details were to come and seems like you got a refund immediately, then they followed it up saying they were trying to book the same acts and tickets could carry over.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They did say they were reviewing future plans and the full details were to come and seems like you got a refund immediately, then they followed it up saying they were trying to book the same acts and tickets could carry over.

If they had plans to book the same acts for the next year why didn't they just say so straight away, other events managed to

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Not sure anyone has got a refund immediately. Festicket as an example have said they will begin processing refund requests on may 13th