British Summer Time 2020

Chef

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

So, this is when the battle to get booking fees returned commences. I got 6 tickets for Pearl Jam, 'Service Fee' of £10 per ticket. I'm not giving up £60 without a fight.

Similar position  to me though with tickets across 5 of the shows. Some with daughter and others with mates. Adds up to a decent sum so any tips would be appreciated 

13 hours ago, atomised said:

Similar position  to me though with tickets across 5 of the shows. Some with daughter and others with mates. Adds up to a decent sum so any tips would be appreciated 

I'll let you know, but in the past I have been successful. Basically I think we should be covered by the 2015 Consumer Rights Act, specifically the clause about unfair terms and conditions. The ticket agents will always claim that its in the Ts&Cs that if the event is cancelled they keep the fee, but as we the consumer were in no position to negotiate Ts&Cs then anything unfair cannot be upheld. I've always maintained that if they do not provide any service or product, they cannot charge us for it. It's usually a battle and I have had to resort to credit card chargebacks but I've been successful.

Looking at just one of the BST shows, where capacity is 70,000 and they charge a tenner per ticket in fees, the ticket agents stand to earn £700,000 per show that doesn't actually happen. That can't be right.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'll let you know, but in the past I have been successful. Basically I think we should be covered by the 2015 Consumer Rights Act, specifically the clause about unfair terms and conditions. The ticket agents will always claim that its in the Ts&Cs that if the event is cancelled they keep the fee, but as we the consumer were in no position to negotiate Ts&Cs then anything unfair cannot be upheld. I've always maintained that if they do not provide any service or product, they cannot charge us for it. It's usually a battle and I have had to resort to credit card chargebacks but I've been successful.

Looking at just one of the BST shows, where capacity is 70,000 and they charge a tenner per ticket in fees, the ticket agents stand to earn £700,000 per show that doesn't actually happen. That can't be right.

Thanks for that.  They stand to get about 140 off me in total. I know they have overheads too but it cant be right. I'd understand them taking part of it to cover processing costs but keeping all of the fees seems off.

As an aside I think covid19 could change the way agencies work. I was booked through festicket and all their agents are now working from home  where that is possible I can see the need for contact centres dwindling 

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Do we think any festival has a realistic chance of happening this year?

Rewind never gets much of a mention in these forums, but it's just been announced that all three Rewind festivals have been "postponed" to next year.

REWIND SCOTLAND 23-25 JULY, 2021
REWIND NORTH 6-8 AUGUST, 2021
REWIND SOUTH 20-22 AUGUST, 2021

In other words, they're cancelled, but they're working on getting the same line-ups for next year. 

5 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Potentially ones in September 

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

Do we think any festival has a realistic chance of happening this year?

Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that this year is likely to be a total right-off....depressing, but I suspect realistic!

I will of course be delighted to be proved wrong!

7 hours ago, Damsonz said:

Rewind never gets much of a mention in these forums, but it's just been announced that all three Rewind festivals have been "postponed" to next year.

In other words, they're cancelled, but they're working on getting the same line-ups for next year. 

Same with lytham and gmt

20 hours ago, spudthemariner said:

Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that this year is likely to be a total right-off....depressing, but I suspect realistic!

I will of course be delighted to be proved wrong!

Yeah. Its looking like game over already. Guess the question then becomes whether or not the events industry has cash in the bank to be able to get to the other side after a year out, and whether people are still up for events in big crowds in not necessarily local areas. I know some will be - I include myself in that category - but we'll have to if that'll be the same for all.

21 hours ago, Damsonz said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if some others take such a route. The post from Pixies above seems indicate they might try another go for Pearl Jam & Pixies in 2021.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:59 AM, Mcbatesman said:

Potentially ones in September 

Standalone gigs in August/September I think have a better chance than festivals due to the amount of set-up required in advance for one of them.

50 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Bit confusing though, bst are telling us to get refunds, pearl jam saying tickets will be valid 

Also Ten is 30 years old next year..... 

Unless I've misread it the PJ statement applies to all dates apart from BST hence them flagging up the separate BST statement at the bottom.

On Pearl Jam website other European dates are listed as postponed but BST is listed as cancelled.