British Summer Time 2020

Chef

8 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

Where are you seeing the prices?
This is a major gripe I have, the way ticket prices are seldom announced before they go on sale. 

Amex presale

https://shop.axs.co.uk/QfhxBwAAAAChIMuXAAAAAABK%2fv%2f%2f%2fwD%2f%2f%2f%2f%2fBmFtZXh1awD%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2f%2fw%3d%3d/shop/search

Edited by cdm22

33 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

Thanks, @cdm22  I guess you have to qualify for the pre-sale.
I just don't get why they hide the info until the last minute.  It means you can't discuss options with friends ahead of the sale.  We like to have time to weigh it all up and consider what to go for.

I'm guessing for exactly that reason. You get caught up trying for tickets so when you finally get through and see the prices you just buy them. 

49 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

I'm guessing for exactly that reason. You get caught up trying for tickets so when you finally get through and see the prices you just buy them.

For some people, perhaps.   We can't all afford to pay top whack every time.
For me, it doesn't really work like that unless it's something I really really want, and I'm only buying for myself. 
But often it's a case of canvassing several friends to see who else might want to go.  In which case we want to know the options in advance, so that the person trying to book knows what to go for.  This is especially important for seated events, as obviously you want seats together.

All too often if I can't see the prices ahead of time, it goes out of my head and I don't book at all.

Edited by Damsonz

48 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

Safe to assume every festival this summer is cancelled. 

I think the August ones could be OK though (albeit maybe with some changes to lineup). 

This thing is expected to tail off in June. Could well be contagion into July that causes BST to be cancelled.

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think the August ones could be OK though (albeit maybe with some changes to lineup). 

This thing is expected to tail off in June. Could well be contagion into July that causes BST to be cancelled.

the modelling the current measures are based on is a lock-down until mid-Sept, and then the very worst of it in November.

Which says to me that the lock-down isn't going to end in September. :( 

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the modelling the current measures are based on is a lock-down until mid-Sept, and then the very worst of it in November.

Which says to me that the lock-down isn't going to end in September. :( 

Not doubting you certainly, but do you have a link to that model?

I saw a different government model this morning with it strongly tailing off at the end of July and only two days ago the UK was saying end of June.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not doubting you certainly, but do you have a link to that model?

I saw a different government model this morning with it strongly tailing off at the end of July and only two days ago the UK was saying end of June.

the model the govt is working from is the one I said. The relevant graphs are on page 10.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Damn that makes for bleak reading.

Best case scenario there are 8 times more people needing beds than beds available at the peak.

And will come back later in the year with full force. 

We have China now trying to get back to normal. Seems like the great hope is that as they do re-infection rates are lower than forecast, which in turn shows Europe that it can be suppressed without a vaccine.

Edited by xxialac

The paper says it all really. Can’t see anything much happening this year. 

However I think AEG will try to put something together. Maybe a merger of BST and APE in Hyde Park during September. 

Little Mix / Post Malone / Duran Duran 

Tame Impala / Massive Attack & Tom Yorke / Kraftwork 

Can at least see an attempt to move this before a full cancellation... 

• 2 weeks later...