British Summer Time 2020

Chef

Royal parks weren't keen on rap acts in general due to.swearing etc and local residents kicked up a fuss too. With hip hop booked this year some of those concerns must've been addressed. 

I can see Eminem going for Wembley again as all the talk was of him being in Europe august time and that fitting with when wembley is available 

That would make more sense in general given his last UK run included 2 nights at Twickenham, and of course he's previously done Wembley. So he's objectively big enough to have that and not need to cotton on to festivals. I guess given the Sziget thread has been heavily pushing that he's gonna turn up there that he might be doing a primarily festival based run.

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

In my head I was wondering if Eminem might do this given he's meant to be announcing a load of stuff, but aside from the fact they've already got some rap/hip-hop players, wasn't there a thing when he did Wembley a few years ago that the locals objected to him playing it?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/revealed-real-reason-eminem-banned-3764224.amp

yeah apparently 

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I remember the story. Prior to it coming out though he had announced and sold out the wembley shows so I was never convinced it was that close to being agreed 

2 hours ago, atomised said:

A quick thought on the sixth night. Rod stewart closes the Brits tomorrow, fits the older performer demographic  could it be him 

Rod is joined by Kenny J and Ronnie W of the Faces as a reunion guest spot! I would have thought they'd be a Hyde Park shoe-in - but Ronnie only finishes his US tour with the Stones two days before

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Thought so. Even if as said, a lot of how true it is may depend on how much a discussion there was beforehand given that this came out around the time the Wembley dates was. Could well be prep discussion was held but it didn't go anywhere, or at least get arranged as quickly as Wembley did.

5 hours ago, atomised said:

A quick thought on the sixth night. Rod stewart closes the Brits tomorrow, fits the older performer demographic  could it be him 

I honestly wasn't sure if he was still big enough but as a UK exclusive its probably fine.

23 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Thought so. Even if as said, a lot of how true it is may depend on how much a discussion there was beforehand given that this came out around the time the Wembley dates was. Could well be prep discussion was held but it didn't go anywhere, or at least get arranged as quickly as Wembley did.

I honestly wasn't sure if he was still big enough but as a UK exclusive its probably fine.

He does big arena runs and often does the smaller stadium circuit. If it's an exclusive summer show he definitely has the fan base. 

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Sure - he played the MK Dons stadium last summer among a couple of others around the UK. So I imagine nationwide there's enough fans to turn up.

I would add that, whilst he did play and 'sell out' the local stadium of franchise footie, there was a lot of cheap tickets for locals. If I remember correctly, they were around the fiver mark.....

Edited by retromoz

6 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I would add that, whilst he did play and 'sell out' the local stadium of franchise footie, there was a lot of cheap tickets for locals. If I remember correctly, they were around the fiver mark.....

Was part of a 7 date open air tour followed by an arena tour at the end of the year  last time he played Brighton's stadium it sold pretty well from memory. 

I think the announcement of the last night will come soon and brits night seems to fit.