British Summer Time 2020

Chef

5 minutes ago, atomised said:

3rd july seems the logical fit for me and if so an interesting decision by BST to go up against Wireless on the Friday and Sunday with Posty and Kendrick 

Sounds like a very shrewd move. It's not like BST would normally loose punters to Wireless. The only real potential looser will be Wireless who could loose  people to BST. Those outside of London may already have booked time off/hotels etc to come up to London for Wireless weekend. If Posty is added on that day they now have 2 options. Go to BST or Wireless or a combi.

16 minutes ago, stanh said:

That definitely seems the case, we are booking a more central hotel now so if Posty gets announced we will probably do that instead of Wireless... Kendrick n Post Malone for maybe £150/60 instead of Skepta, Meek Mill and ASAP Rocky for £215 is so much better imo

Yeah, I think a fair few will be doing the same.

46 minutes ago, Charch said:

Updates: Post Malone announces show at Glasgow Green (30 June), he is not on the Wireless line up so... I heard through the grapevine he will be the BST headliner for Fri 3 July, thoughts?

Wrong date (apparently)

Edited by jr1312

2 hours ago, Charch said:

Fri 3 makes more sense for Post Malone as Sun 12 is usually a slot for legends/something appealing to an older demographic? Also fits with his schedule... 
Wireless usually sells out by now... perhaps a reflection of the dire line up this year?

BST don't usually book one rapper, let alone two rappers, I wouldn't think too much into it. Makes sense Kendrick and Post Malone the same weekend as people will end up doing both days.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, atomised said:

Still post Malone rumoured for one. The other no idea but I wouldn't be surprised by mccartney

McCartney would be a surprise imo as I didn't think they'd try and get all 3 Glastonbury heads in one hit. But equally wouldn't be a surprise, given it is something that would appeal to one of this series' demographics.

I'm still wondering if Foo Fighters could be an outside shout. Was previously thinking RHCP but they seem to be sticking to what they've previously declared.