British Summer Time 2020

Chef

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s more impressive and current than it usually is.

Who would you be hoping for? And why hope for anyone you like at this piece of shit event?

Agreed, been for the past 2 years for roger waters and stevie wonder. Had a great time at both but hated how it was laid out with all the golden circle rubbish which is extortionate. Also everyone is sat on picnic mats which makes it an obstacle course. Sound wasn't particularly great either

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Who would you be hoping for? And why hope for anyone you like at this piece of shit event?

I'm not sure who I'd prefer really; I guess it seems like it's missing a legend act. 

And yeah BST is pretty shit but I went last year for Roger Waters and The Cure; it was incredible; The Cure especially was probably one of the best day festivals I've been to. Perfect atmosphere, great lineup, sunny weather

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's far from perfect but it's a lot better than previous attempts in Hyde Park, and I'd take it over the O2 or Wembley every time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, judyblue110 said:

Fantastic! This is a great game. Every festival should announce with clues. Don't Bonnarroo do this?

Do you know the final slot? 

Agreed, they should!

No I don't know, I don't think it's sorted yet. Would expect someone to appeal to an older demographic, like Springsteen as mentioned.

9 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It's far from perfect but it's a lot better than previous attempts in Hyde Park, and I'd take it over the O2 or Wembley every time.

I'd honestly prefer Wembley, but then I haven't been in six years. Hyde Park's main stage sound is too quiet for my tastes.

Still, its less of a mess than I found Finsbury Park to be.

4 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Ah sorry, I forgot Hard Rock Calling moved to the Olympic Park, my mistake. 

Tbf if it was the same organisers I don’t know why he would hold a grudge against the park itself and not the folk who pulled the plug.

I think he’s done Wembley once or twice since though so I could see him doing a [different] stadium instead.

3 hours ago, TGCarr said:

So is Post Malone & Kendrick certs now?

Perhaps not ‘certain’. With all due respect to @Brave Sir Robin, some things he told us from last year like Lana and I believe Gaga and Cher didn’t come off - not that I doubt the info, just that BST are pretty loose with their booking and some things don’t pan out.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Perhaps not ‘certain’. With all due respect to @Brave Sir Robin, some things he told us from last year like Lana and I believe Gaga and Cher didn’t come off - not that I doubt the info, just that BST are pretty loose with their booking and some things don’t pan out.

As I believe I made clear at the time, those were possibilities being explored & not certainties. I did go on to correct them & name others before they were announced, and am pretty sure re all of these 5 (1 of whom has already been announced).