British Summer Time 2020

Chef

17 hours ago, gfa said:

One of the o2 shows didn't - the stadiums did though I think, London had a few seats left and stuff but to be fair to them it was against the football, BTS (which probably had a tiny impact if any) and Mumford at APE too. Not really sure why they announced those O2 shows for like 3 months after the stadium shows to be honest - the O2 is shit and they played the same setlist too it just seemed pointless to me.

Maybe I was misremembering then. London Stadium did look very full but I thought there one or two areas at the back that didn't sell. Though if I recall, as well as BTS, Mumfords, and the Champions League Final, there was also Michael Buble, Tenacious D, Camden Rocks Festival and quite a few other things on the same day. Euston and the last train home were awful.

I preferred the show indoors and I think the band themselves said they wanted to film some indoor shows as it would look better for a tour film they're planning to release next year. But yeah, the timing made little sense. They pretty much came out straight after the stadium run to announce two shows in a city that had just had a show and one place in-between the three they did. I think there was more merit in playing cities they didn't play the previous summer such as a Leeds or a Glasgow, as it did look particularly odd to do two big London shows in quickfire time after playing the stadium. Although as Birmingham was also a slow-seller, maybe that still wouldn't have been the case. I dunno.

21 hours ago, WFD said:

Yes, in fact Elton John was the first to put on a big outdoor show in Carlisle (excluding the Radio 1 events anyway).  We've since had Rod Stewart, Tom Jones, Bryan Adams and Olly Murrs (edit and Lionel Richie!) - all middle of the road stuff which sold well, and of course Little Mix - whereas Madness and Jess Glynne last year sold poorly.  We also get those post-racing shows at the racecourse which tend to be popular (in fact part of the problem with Madness and Jess Glynne was that they'd played the racecourse in recent years).

Jess Glynne not selling well is a surprise. Given her songs seem to be on radio and in adverts a lot, I would've thought she would've been a big draw.

Turns out Bryan Adams played Cornbury Festival in Oxfordshire in the same year as the Carlisle date, which is a festival I've seen advertised locally in the past... didn't know they were booking acts that big.

58 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So they have shifted to Ticketmaster from AXS? Suppose that's tied in with American Express as new sponsor - Ticketmaster seem to be the vendor for every event they provide 'benefits' for.

In my experience from probably the most user friendly ticket website to the worst. 

18 minutes ago, Chef said:

So they have shifted to Ticketmaster from AXS? Suppose that's tied in with American Express as new sponsor - Ticketmaster seem to be the vendor for every event they provide 'benefits' for.

In my experience from probably the most user friendly ticket website to the worst. 

You can still get them on AXS.