last weekend at the farm

shuttlep

so last weekend I stayed at Pennard Hill farm. They have a boutique safari tent / cottage type thing that over looks the farm , it is just above South Park 2 . lovely place. great views sleeps 6 people . Anyone looking for a get away with the added bonus of getting an amazing view of Glastonbury plus being able to bimble round the site I can highly recommend it . they even have an indoor swimming pool you have the use of. it was a bit chilly but they have a wood burning stove inside and warm piping hot showers

https://www.pennardhillfarm.co.uk/boutique-camping/

pennard 4.jpg

penard 3.jpg

pennard 2.jpg

pennard 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

That looks lovely, if they're dog friendly might book for sometime soonish.

it says dog friendly on their website, when we asked they said they have had to change that due to a dog being naughty and causing some damage . they have other cottages but non with the view that has

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

it says dog friendly on their website, when we asked they said they have had to change that due to a dog being naughty and causing some damage . they have other cottages but non with the view that has

There's always one isn't there - naughty dog! Thanks dude

Has anyone stayed here before?

https://www.spindlewoodlodges.co.uk/

I’ve managed to talk my better half into a birthday weekend here in November so we can walk around the site, go to the Tor etc.

Any views greatly appreciated as I’m going to book it soon (unless anyone tells me some horror stories but seems doubtful)

15 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Has anyone stayed here before?

https://www.spindlewoodlodges.co.uk/

I’ve managed to talk my better half into a birthday weekend here in November so we can walk around the site, go to the Tor etc.

Any views greatly appreciated as I’m going to book it soon (unless anyone tells me some horror stories but seems doubtful)

Looks nice, would only  be about a 20 minute walk to the farm

35 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Looks nice, would only  be about a 20 minute walk to the farm

Yeah I had a look at that. I booked it last night so hopefully it'll be vaguely decent weather. The Crown seems like the closest pub so will definitely head there!

I've never been to the Tor so looking forward to doing that. I'm gonna head to the festival site, too. Will get some pictures for everyone when I go!

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

Had a walk around the farm today, some parts were closed off so got pictures as close as I could.

I have a couple of panoramic pictures of The Park/Pangea and West Holts which I’ll upload as soon as I can get the file size down small enough to post them here.

STATE OF THE GROUND: Wet. Muddy. Walking boots were fine but girlfriend nearly lost a welly.

2942F431-D241-477A-BD4B-D28056156B72.jpeg

47300349-F1DD-4146-BEC6-653C9BDA49D8.jpeg

9F411C2E-E9FC-47AF-B7D3-1C803D7C56B3.jpeg

8FA9CE3D-D072-4B10-A433-257AE0850DE4.jpeg

95D680B4-FBB4-4AC2-8886-357AF34F442E.jpeg

30E3BE4E-8A08-4971-A616-D3075E582B7F.jpeg

2B24B6EF-28BF-4BE2-93F1-75D44D205D7A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ending the walk with a visit to the Crown? 

hadn't discussed that as yet ... but might be possible ... depends on driver ... or if I drive :) probably going to park near skatepark as I know where to go from there .... we didnt visit the other side of the railway track last time and ive never seen the dragon so that will hopefully be the plan :) 

Took a little trip to the farm about 3 weeks ago. Went to Stonehenge so thought why not. Amazing how we just sort of stumbled upon it . Followed the sat nav for directions to the Pilton skate park. Couldn’t find it so just drove on down a little country lane. Saw a few cars parked up so parked up and got out to explore. It soon became apparent the cars were for a football match taking place. Me and the daughter started walking across a field when I noticed the big white cross that  lady Anne ? constructed. Knowing we must not be far away we turned back and walked further down the lane and there right in front of us was Mary’s  Gate. We found the promised land ?. Didn’t explore much as the weather was horrendous. Also visited Glastonbury Itself  , what a weird and wonderful place, wish we could have stayed longer.

532B11EF-8CFA-4E72-8160-1FA65127F0F0.jpeg

6318CC80-8776-452B-938D-3912D87CF35D.jpeg

41077B7A-37CF-4357-A460-1C4E8A65E4A5.jpeg

6D3EF1BD-324B-4A1D-B9CB-FF6D35311A88.jpeg

2A4EDBA4-1EB8-4334-8ED0-2E15023FC320.jpeg

6C2A2EA4-4354-46AA-98C6-850A39ECF495.jpeg

DC4C6AFE-B138-47DF-B177-02AA27E11EB2.jpeg

• Upvote 1