Potential Solution to increased demand

SouthbanKen

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The issue about the land recovering is just not true though. After 2016 the place looked like something from WWII, compare it to how it looked after 2019 and 2017, yet it still recovered absolutely fine. Yes it might have taken a bit longer but it still went entirely back to normal. It’s an extra week of punters, not Chernobyl.

I'm not worried about it recovering for the grazing stock, I'm worried about having a festival on ground that has been churned up by a quarter of a million people for five days before the festival starts.

Imagine filling up the car parks again after everyone has left in 2016!

17 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was amazing before it sold out quickly. I just think the word has got round.

yes it was amazing , but you know that because you went , I think the whole thing with tickets being so hard , makes people who haven't wanted to go before go and add it to their bucket list as they can see how many people want to go and how bigger deal it is 

On 10/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, Suprefan said:

Yeah, I already pointed out 2 weekends in the other thread as never happening due to the fact that the grounds themselves wouldnt survive after one festival weekend.  Coachella and Austin City Limits can deal with 2 weekends because IT DOES NOT RAIN where the festival happens. Dry ground and dust hasnt stopped people yet from going both of those weekends. Ultra in Miami was able to do it one year and then the city put a stop to it afterwards after a mountain of complaints.  Tomorrowland just wants to make all the money they can and they have half a million people show up just to talk to their friends and barely listen to music.

Have you been to tomorrowland then - sounds as if you didn't enjoy it - care to elaborate?

21 hours ago, shuttlep said:

yes it was amazing , but you know that because you went , I think the whole thing with tickets being so hard , makes people who haven't wanted to go before go and add it to their bucket list as they can see how many people want to go and how bigger deal it is 

I’ve always said the decent weather over the last two festivals, the pop acts such as Kylie and the great tv coverage on bbc has encouraged more to apply for tickets. Having said that it’s always been oversubscribed especially in recent times. 

How about have the 2nd weekend 6 months later, it'd give the ground plenty of time to recover between festivals. The guaranteed bad weather would put off the casuals so it wouldn't be so hard to get tickets. All those bands who'd be better off in the dark would have more slots to aim for. It'd be Christmas. I can't think of a single drawback.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

How about have the 2nd weekend 6 months later, it'd give the ground plenty of time to recover between festivals. The guaranteed bad weather would put off the casuals so it wouldn't be so hard to get tickets. All those bands who'd be better off in the dark would have more slots to aim for. It'd be Christmas. I can't think of a single drawback.

It would be absolutely bastard freezing

EDIT: you're being tongue in cheek aren't you? I'll be quiet. Still bastard freezing though.

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

if you survive the xmas festival you automatically get allocated a ticket for June? I'm in.

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

It would be absolutely bastard freezing

EDIT: you're being tongue in cheek aren't you? I'll be quiet. Still bastard freezing though.

No problem for us from the frozen north, I had to scrape frost off the car yesterday morning! Winter in Somerset, like a spring day up here. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No problem for us from the frozen north, I had to scrape frost off the car yesterday morning! Winter in Somerset, like a spring day up here. 

I'm a sweet summer child pal.  Don't be foisting your weird northern weather conditions on us :lol:

On 10/21/2019 at 11:36 AM, SouthbanKen said:

Tomorrowland is a festival i have had my eye on for a while so been seriously looking at that - and it looks amazing, although is almost as difficult to tickets for so i now have more TDay fears. 

I'd actually say for the normal sale, Tomorrowland is more difficult than Glastonbury to get into.

Speaking from experience, you'll most likely only get into Tomorrowland if you use a third party coach package (Big Green Coach for example) or the official Global Journey packages, which are horrendously expensive. I think the cheapest I could find of the above were £600 for festival ticket, hotel/camping and travel. I say 'most likely' in the lightest way possible as the best value packages sold out in a number of hours.

The other alternative is to use resale sites such as Viagogo, which I would NOT endorse but worked fine for me in 2016 when I went for the Friday (although £180 for a single day ticket was extortionate). At the time Viagogo were partnered with Tomorrowland so it was a very smooth process, but I wouldn't recommend this approach to anyone.

That said, if you can afford a genuine package (not from a resale site), 100% GO. I was absolutely amazed by the detail and scale of the event, the stage designs are a completely different level to any other festival I've seen. I'll remember the debut of Deadmau5 vs Eric Prydz forever, and it honestly made the cost worth it.

After the 50th, I'll be on my 7th concurrent Glasto, so I'm considering maybe doing Tomorrowland in 2021, finances permitting. I hope you get to experience it ?

Edited by discgoesmic