Potential Solution to increased demand

SouthbanKen

I think the difficulty of getting tickets is what makes it.

if it was easy to get tickets would as big? when i get a ticket the feeling is amazing , when i haven't yes I have cried a little. I think this has a massive things to do with sales. everyone wants to go as a lot of johnny come lightly s put it on their bucket list, 

• Upvote 1

As much as I wish they could do 2 weekends they would just not get the green light from the council etc... not to mention the acts having to free up 2 weekends to play twice?? 

In theory it would be great give people more chance to go but in reality wont work/happen. And lets be honest I would be tyring to go to both weekends :D 

2 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Why wouldn't both weekends be televised. Every match at the Rugby World cup has been televised and that goes on for 2 months, we get wall to wall wimbledon coverage everyday for 2 weeks solid. If the viewing figures hold up and there is no reason the won't then Aunty Beeb would oblige. They could also mix up the live streams so that you get to see the Other headliners one week and the Pyramid the next week,  or you get different headliners across both weekends, again looking at Tomorrowland, the line up is not identical across the two weekends. 

Sporting events are different every game, different teams different outcomes different importance to different people. 

these acts ‘perfect’ a live show and tour an almost identical show all year. Why would the beeb not just replay the set from weekend 1 and save a load of money on camera crew and production

3 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Sporting events are different every game, different teams different outcomes different importance to different people. 

these acts ‘perfect’ a live show and tour an almost identical show all year. Why would the beeb not just replay the set from weekend 1 and save a load of money on camera crew and production

If more coverage time was available then more of the smaller stages can also be filmed. You don’t have to broadcast all of the big headliners the first weekend and repeat it the weekend after. You can add more from the Park and JP stages plus some of the more random stuff from around the festival. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

If more coverage time was available then more of the smaller stages can also be filmed. You don’t have to broadcast all of the big headliners the first weekend and repeat it the weekend after. You can add more from the Park and JP stages plus some of the more random stuff from around the festival. 

OK, so what's in it for the big headliners who've already been broadcast on week 1?

They've already played for a massively reduced fee so what do you think they are going to want for week 2?

£££££££

Have we not agreed this isn't a goer?

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

OK, so what's in it for the big headliners who've already been broadcast on week 1?

They've already played for a massively reduced fee so what do you think they are going to want for week 2?

£££££££

Have we not agreed this isn't a goer?

Yeah it will never work due to the local area and actual site being able to cope with the crowds for two weeks. 

On a purely personal level, I hate the idea. Part of the appeal is the sense that you are experiencing something special and unique, which would be lessened massively knowing that it was all going to happen again a week later (or before), when you're not there.

On a  practical level, what are the acts expected to do? Wait in a hotel for six days?

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

On a purely personal level, I hate the idea. Part of the appeal is the sense that you are experiencing something special and unique, which would be lessened massively knowing that it was all going to happen again a week later (or before), when you're not there.

On a  practical level, what are the acts expected to do? Wait in a hotel for six days?

Saturday night's headline set has been cancelled after Kendrick and Taylor Swift kicked off over a game of rummy in the hotel bar.

24 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

no they can just checkout efests for what to do around the festival area ... threads like this ....

or they could give us up to the minute weather and state of the ground reports direct from the farm 

43 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

is it time for a hypothetical poll on who would go for both weekends though?

I’d like to work the first one, stewarding etc, and then spend the second one balls-out on the smash. Marvellous scenes 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I get what you’re saying but I do think that a small band playing on the park isn’t even close to the viewership of strictly or whatever other shite they put on these days