Lunch near the farm

blutarsky

The Crown is good for food and it supports the village pub so I would always recommend it.  If you are lunching in Glastonbury then I would say Rainbows End in the high street for some of the best veggie food you will eat (approach the cake with care, the enourmous slice of chocolate cake that is habitual will leave you feeling slightly sick it is that good). The Mendip Inn is a bit higher end but well worth it (just north of Shepton on the A37).

9 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Think it's The Crown in Pilton village but always best to ping the font of all knowledge. The matron of the sticky stick. The Pilton party people goddess herself@deebeedoobee

Moistness levels I can do but other stuff...umm. wot he says⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

5 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

The Crown is good for food and it supports the village pub so I would always recommend it.  If you are lunching in Glastonbury then I would say Rainbows End in the high street for some of the best veggie food you will eat (approach the cake with care, the enourmous slice of chocolate cake that is habitual will leave you feeling slightly sick it is that good). The Mendip Inn is a bit higher end but well worth it (just north of Shepton on the A37).

But go for the coffee cake

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Moistness levels I can do but other stuff...umm. wot he says⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

But go for the coffee cake

My apologies to the splendid Digger, just you're somewhat more prolific around these parts. ?

52 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

The Apple tree inn had an amazing sunday roast there today! Really friendly cosy pub! Just down the road past red gate towards glastonbury! Nearly opposite Ashcombe Park Caravan Site! 

Just checked their website they dont open till 4pm on a monday!! Another time maybe! 

12 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Planning on going for a walk at the farm and tor tomorrow, can anyone recommend somewhere good to grab lunch nearby? 

Our idea of heaven, a wander through Glastonbury town, up to the Tor and climb to the top, sit in the sun up there and talk to the wide range of people you meet up there, back down and head to Pilton, walk the site observing the country code of course, a meal in the crown, back to Glastonbury, a few pints and finish off if still hungry, with fish and chips from Knights chippie!  

55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Our idea of heaven, a wander through Glastonbury town, up to the Tor and climb to the top, sit in the sun up there and talk to the wide range of people you meet up there, back down and head to Pilton, walk the site observing the country code of course, a meal in the crown, back to Glastonbury, a few pints and finish off if still hungry, with fish and chips from Knights chippie!  

Sounds lovely, staying in Glastonbury for a couple of nights next week and can’t wait to do all this.

Charm x

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Sounds lovely, staying in Glastonbury for a couple of nights next week and can’t wait to do all this.

Charm x

You will love it especially if the weather gods are kind. It’s been our pre festival routine for the last few festivals. A break in the town before the event. Pics are advised, some on here demand  them! 

15 hours ago, pilton digger said:

Yes, the Rainbows End ! Love eating there

I went to the Crown yesterday after the Festival Run. First time I've been (given it's always shut during the festival) and I really liked it. Everyone else eating delicious looking roast dinners - I only had time for soup. Decent beer from Quantock. Surprisingly small so very few tables indoors but that's probably only an issue on Sundays. The other pub I'd recommend is The George in Croscombe. We go there every Thursday before the festival - Thursday night is Curry Night when the have a fabulous buffet of about 30 dishes. Good beer selection, excellent food and very friendly. Only down side is no mobile phone signal.

Really nice walk on Monday. Went into Glastonbury first for lunch. We went to the Rainbow’s End but it was heaving and we would have had to sit outside with the dog, so we went to Hundred Monkeys instead and had a nice wrap. 

Then drove to Pilton, parked at the WMC and walked up to the tithe barn and through Bridge House Gate onto site.

Spent about two hours walking around, including a trip up the Union Castle, a walk through the JP field, across the interstage compound and across the other stage field to the railway line where we picked some sloes. Going to make sloe gin with them which we can hopefully then drink at the festival, resale success dependent! 

We then went into the bee hive installation, said hi to a family playing on the pirate ship and said a prayer to the ticket gods and universe while at stone circle. Then down over stone bridge and tried to get a snack at No Bones Jones, but they weren’t there..! 

Finished up with a headline set on the pyramid to a crowd of my wife and dog before heading home. 

The webcam does show us walking away from the pyramid but it’s very grainy. 

There was a fair bit of excavation going on next to the farmhouse but couldn’t see what was doing. We didn’t bump into all the Eavii but we did see Em-moo-ly from a distance. Moo-chael must have been in another field...! 

Thanks for advice from those who offered it. 

Pics: 

C3556981-62BC-462C-9214-438449611E1B.jpeg

659C09F6-CBA4-4583-86F4-5E03512C806A.jpeg

B4FFFB2E-0A1F-4415-9842-D3AE4862FD88.jpeg

E7527C58-A32B-43F6-B130-1AF3FA01CD7B.jpeg

B564E10E-E652-46AD-872D-8E2D8BF2B7C0.jpeg

On 10/20/2019 at 7:21 PM, funkychick2007 said:

The Apple tree inn had an amazing sunday roast there today! Really friendly cosy pub! Just down the road past red gate towards glastonbury! Nearly opposite Ashcombe Park Caravan Site! 

Yep totally agree.  We went for dinner night after Pilton Party..amazing food and service.  I would recommend booking though.