Sign in to follow this  
kalifire

Nitin Sawhney

Just back from watching this guy and his band play Beyond Skin in full, on their current tour. Absolutely stunning.

Really hope they book his current line up for next year. He last played in 2014.

Any other fans?

• Upvote 1

I love that album, and saw that he announced an orchestral tour of it, but don't know any of his other stuff. Would probably see him.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Just back from watching this guy and his band play Beyond Skin in full, on their current tour. Absolutely stunning.

Really hope they book his current line up for next year. He last played in 2014.

Any other fans?

Yep, love him.  I've seen him a couple of times.  Someone heard me playing him at work just last week, and now he's become his number one fan, so he says. :D

Saw him at Hop Farm a couple of years ago, just stumbled upon it in the early evening having a wander - absolutely fantastic and I’d definitely try and see him again 👍🏻

One of those I've heard bits of, liked,  but never followed up. 

Where to start?

On 10/21/2019 at 6:31 AM, Quark said:

One of those I've heard bits of, liked,  but never followed up. 

Where to start?

I'd start with Beyond Skin. That was probably his breakthrough album, from 1999.

Love Nitin Sawhney. Beyond Skin is one of my all time favourite albums. Follow him on Twitter, @thenitinsawhney - he has much to say.

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

I'd start with Beyond Skin. That was probably his breakthrough album, from 1999.

Good shout, cheers Kali.  I do know (and absolutely love) Immigrant from that album, so going to be a good place to start!

Big fan here too. I was absolutely gutted to have missed out on the Albert Hall show due to diary. 'Nadia' is one of my all time favourite tracks. Worth catching his Desert Island discs with Lauren Laverne too – very inspirational fella.

Im a big fan, he's such a talented guy. I saw him in manchester a couple of years ago and ive tickets to see him in glasgow in january. Beyond Skin is in my top ten albums so  Im really hoping he's there in June.