Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ragingbunion93

Leaving Victoria Coach Station Early?

Recommended Posts

As soon as I bought my tickets this year, I wanted to make sure I booked my travel arrangements in order to get there early and secure a good pitch, most likely Pennards or Park Home.As i'm coming from abroad, I didn't want the hassle of renting a car, especially with all that manual gear malarkey. the last thing I want is to rear end someone in the Glasto car park! I decided to book a coach with National Express leaving at 1AM, and arriving at 4:30AM. I imagine that I'll be one of the first through Ped gate A by that time, but my main concern is getting on the actual coach I booked, as I've heard rumors that it's basically just a free for all, and you queue up to get on the coach anyway.

My coach is the very first one that leaves, and I plan on getting there an hour early just to be safe. Has anyone had experience with getting out of Victoria Coach Station in the very early morning? Will there be a bunch of people with later times trying to blag it onto the coach, or will it be a more civilized affair? I'd rather not get there extra early, but I will if it's necessary in order to guarantee I get on that coach.

 

Thank you!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ragingbunion93 said:

As soon as I bought my tickets this year, I wanted to make sure I booked my travel arrangements in order to get there early and secure a good pitch, most likely Pennards or Park Home.As i'm coming from abroad, I didn't want the hassle of renting a car, especially with all that manual gear malarkey. the last thing I want is to rear end someone in the Glasto car park! I decided to book a coach with National Express leaving at 1AM, and arriving at 4:30AM. I imagine that I'll be one of the first through Ped gate A by that time, but my main concern is getting on the actual coach I booked, as I've heard rumors that it's basically just a free for all, and you queue up to get on the coach anyway.

My coach is the very first one that leaves, and I plan on getting there an hour early just to be safe. Has anyone had experience with getting out of Victoria Coach Station in the very early morning? Will there be a bunch of people with later times trying to blag it onto the coach, or will it be a more civilized affair? I'd rather not get there extra early, but I will if it's necessary in order to guarantee I get on that coach.

 

Thank you!

 

 

As far as I know though never been on coach is that on the outward journey it shouldn't be a free for all as this is more what happens on the return leg i.e. when you leave Glastonbury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As said, this is generally what happens on way back. 

Did you book the coach as part of the ticket package sale? If so you are given your ticket upon embarking the coach. Therefore only people who have booked that specific time are able to get on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have booked a National Express coach to the festival, you will be guaranteed a seat on that coach. It's only the return ones that will be a free for all. Don't bank on being able to buy a coffee or anything like that at Victoria that early in the morning though. Stock up on any snacks you may need for the journey the night before!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dark Star said:

If you have booked a National Express coach to the festival, you will be guaranteed a seat on that coach. It's only the return ones that will be a free for all. Don't bank on being able to buy a coffee or anything like that at Victoria that early in the morning though. Stock up on any snacks you may need for the journey the night before!

 

So the national express coaches are just a free for all on the way back or is it just the see coaches? I booked a certain coach back as it was fairly early and it was direct to where I need to go so will have to get to the coach park earlier if needs be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will get your outward coach fine, the queue becomes more manic on the way back and times mostly go out of the window unless you've gone for one at a random time (very early or late). Be prepared the queue on the return leg whatever the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 11:07 AM, Dark Star said:

If you have booked a National Express coach to the festival, you will be guaranteed a seat on that coach. It's only the return ones that will be a free for all. Don't bank on being able to buy a coffee or anything like that at Victoria that early in the morning though. Stock up on any snacks you may need for the journey the night before!

 

Cheers! I assumed the return journey with NatExpress would be a pain, so I booked a 1:30PM  return coach with the expectation of partying into the early hours of Monday morning and having a snooze before queuing up. I think I'll show up 30 minutes early instead of a full hour then, as I don't want to linger around the station that late without any amenities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 12:14 PM, mattiosmith said:

You will get your outward coach fine, the queue becomes more manic on the way back and times mostly go out of the window unless you've gone for one at a random time (very early or late). Be prepared the queue on the return leg whatever the case

Slightly frustrating as I booked the return coach due to the fact it was the only direct one without a stop so would’ve been easier. I’ll just plan to get to the coach park a bit earlier and hope for the best. It is fairly early our coach so hopefully won’t be an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...