Bar queues

Sue12

8 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah, I think it was more the fact that ordering a beer or beers with the right cash, or just a tap of your card actually takes a few seconds. But if the queue is 5 deep and a few people are ordering about 5 different cocktails it still takes a good 20 minutes to get served. Would have loved it if some of the bars had beer/cider only sections.

Not that I don’t switch it up in the evening drink wise anyway, but during the 30 degree heat in the day nothing beat a nice cold pint, it’s just shame that in a lot of cases you had to endure 20 minutes in a sauna to get one.

GFL has so far refused the WBC request to allow certain bars to have filter barriers in place so that Customers could be split into certain sections although it has been allowed at other festivals and Concerts - the first trial was at Hyde Park in 2006 { 13 events over 14 days } and it worked really well but Hyde park has much more space than certain areas of Glastonbury which I believe was the main reason why GFL rejected the request over 10 years ago.

Shot below is from 2006 although that was the first day so it was adjusted so less people could reach any station ' and it had a separate exit area ' so people could walk away with their drinks without fear of them being spilled.After a few days it really did speed up the whole process. 

In general a Counter bar will be quicker than a walk in Bar although some Customers are also to blame as they walk in with no bloody clue what they want to buy - its more common than you would imagine. 

hyde-park2.jpg.c5bb56be4db887d61a06de6463437794.jpg

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

GFL has so far refused the WBC request to allow certain bars to have filter barriers in place so that Customers could be split into certain sections although it has been allowed at other festivals and Concerts - the first trial was at Hyde Park in 2006 { 13 events over 14 days } and it worked really well but Hyde park has much more space than certain areas of Glastonbury which I believe was the main reason why GFL rejected the request over 10 years ago.

Shot below is from 2006 although that was the first day so it was adjusted so less people could reach any station ' and it had a separate exit area ' so people could walk away with their drinks without fear of them being spilled.After a few days it really did speed up the whole process. 

In general a Counter bar will be quicker than a walk in Bar although some Customers are also to blame as they walk in with no bloody clue what they want to buy - its more common than you would imagine. 

hyde-park2.jpg.c5bb56be4db887d61a06de6463437794.jpg

They work in most places I've been but they do get filled up in the middle if the person controlling the funnelling is doing a poor job. The end stations are normally the least busy.

12 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

They work in most places I've been but they do get filled up in the middle if the person controlling the funnelling is doing a poor job. The end stations are normally the least busy.

each time it was used there was Security dealing with who went where so it was not a issue - At Reading it used to be a right scrum and people were just not letting people out who had just bought a tray full of drinks so the Customers were happy and takings at the bar went up so it was a win win for everyone.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:57 PM, Mark E. Spliff said:

Sometimes auto-correct is determined to screw you over...  *separate

New phone & not turned off autocorrect.

However not saying queues were great, however at least they tried something. The beer was served out on MDU’s but pumps which slowed things down a fair bit.

Edited by Bisque