POLL: Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury

fat_man_joe

Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?

• Yes
    • No

For me they always had a few tunes distributed sparsely on the early albums and then went a bit heavier at the start of ‘what went down’ with the title track and mountain at my gates and I thought they looked like they were gonna become a proper band for a moment but the rest wasn’t as good (fair enough, hard to do a full album of bangers) but then the last album was a stinker. They wouldn’t be the worst choice but they only really have flashes of real quality, never consistency

Edited by mattiloy
Had

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Emily’s booking policy for a long time has been to give hot new up and comers a shot at the pyramid. Not indie lads who’ve been doing the same thing since 2008.

I’m not sure it’s fair to say they’ve been doing the same thing since 2008. I’d argue that no two albums of theirs have the same vibe, with the exception of the two-part album which has just come out, and even then part 2 is noticeably heavier.

It’s fair enough if you don’t like them - and seeing your history on this thread screams that in my face. Appreciate you re-evaluating and trying to be diplomatic. No band is everyone’s cup of tea!

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Emily’s booking policy for a long time has been to give hot new up and comers a shot at the pyramid. Not indie lads who’ve been doing the same thing since 2008.

That policy clearly demonstrated this year with the innovative booking of the Killers... ;) 

Personally, love Foals but not sure they’ll ever be  gracing the top Slot of the pyramid. Should have been given the push in 2016, but just can’t see it happening now. Other Stage headliners against Taylor would be my dream 

3 hours ago, JubblyDave said:

EASILY.

If Stormzy is big enough then Foals are undoubtedly.

This is correct. I don’t even know why we’re having this argument. 

The same applies with the 1975. Anyone who doesn’t think the 1975 are big/relevant enough to headline is fooling themselves.