POLL: Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury

fat_man_joe

Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

no isssues with @Matt42 or posts here either .... lets remain tolerant and nice on here ... we dont have to like every post someone does but we do have to respect the fact that they love the same festival equally as much and there is a human behind the keyboard 

No upvotes left but amen.

Honestly I think from now on I’m gonna think twice about what I post. I intend to come across with a playful style but it seems like it’s misinterpreted that I’m either complaining or trying to start a fight.

I for one enjoy getting into debates because it’s a bit of a back and forth jab. I’d hate for it to be interpreted any other way.

Please don’t think I’m trying to start a fight. Most of the time I’m laughing whenever I post on this sub x

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You'd consider "you come across as grumpy and bitter from your posts on an internet forum" as bullying?

I consider calling someone out, asking how to block them and saying "Honestly comes across as the grumpiest most bitter person i’ve ever seen and can’t stand seeing his posts but they’re absolutely everywhere" bullying, yes.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Honestly I think from now on I’m gonna think twice about what I post. I intend to come across with a playful style but it seems like it’s misinterpreted that I’m either complaining or trying to start a fight.

I for one enjoy getting into debates because it’s a bit of a back and forth jab. I’d hate for it to be interpreted any other way.

Please don’t think I’m trying to start a fight. Most of the time I’m laughing whenever I post on this sub x

stay strong brave poster. the foals fans will never defeat us.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I also really appreciate the nice comments but please don’t think I’m being upset by anything I’ve read on here. I for one love when this place gets a bit heated x

nice one ... hope to have a pint with you in June ..... sometimes I am ... you are stronger than me and yes I know its just the internet 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I consider calling someone out, asking how to block them and saying "Honestly comes across as the grumpiest most bitter person i’ve ever seen and can’t stand seeing his posts but they’re absolutely everywhere" bullying, yes.

Part of being an asshole means having to be called an asshole sometimes. Believe me I know it.

Just made 140 v 140 which is about right. My vote was yes based on Emily’s comments that Glastonbury should create headliners... and that I like the foals.

If it makes a difference I’ve just reviewed Matt42’s posts in this thread and he used a smilie emoji in one, so I’m afraid this instantly disqualifies him from the “grumpiest and most bitter person” award.  Now someone who creates an account in order to call someone out... they have HUGE potential I would say.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

All things aside I only intend to have a bit of fun and I know on the internet things don’t come across exactly as they mean. I’m actually a very chill and friendly person I promise x

Exactly the kind of thing a grumpy bitter person would say :lol:

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I also really appreciate the nice comments but please don’t think I’m being upset by anything I’ve read on here. I for one love when this place gets a bit heated x

Who'd have thought speaking the truth about Foal and the Boys would cause such a storm eh? ?

23 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Those who voted Yes, what size crowd do you think they'd pull in? 

Give me it in terms of previous headliners.

I like them, but don't think they are headliners by any stretch.

about 195 ? :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
numbers keep changing
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

no isssues with @Matt42 or posts here either .... lets remain tolerant and nice on here ... we dont have to like every post someone does but we do have to respect the fact that they love the same festival equally as much and there is a human behind the keyboard 

Or a Ferengi. Don't marginalise my people.

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Those who voted Yes, what size crowd do you think they'd pull in? 

Give me it in terms of previous headliners.

I like them, but don't think they are headliners by any stretch.

Radiohead, I guess. I haven't been to so many that I have much first-hand knowledge.

Did you see them in 2016 though? They had a considerably packed Pyramid field then. I know some will say they were more popular then, or that they benefited from Muse being on after but I think many people at Glastonbury will have positive feelings towards Foals and would like to see them pull it off.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Radiohead, I guess. I haven't been to so many that I have much first-hand knowledge.

Did you see them in 2016 though? They had a considerably packed Pyramid field then. I know some will say they were more popular then, or that they benefited from Muse being on after but I think many people at Glastonbury will have positive feelings towards Foals and would like to see them pull it off.

Felt like Foals had a bigger crowd than Muse that year tbh. I was stood near the back for Foals and it was a massive crowd, then got to the front for Muse relatively easily. Just my perspective though!

I've not read this thread but I want you all to know that Matt is a good lad who sometimes gets carried away. Lord knows I've tried to keep him from eating too many of them blue smarties but he just roots them out every time I hide them from him and wouldn't you know it he's off making a nuisance of himself on the internet again. We're working on it.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've not read this thread but I want you all to know that Matt is a good lad who sometimes gets carried away. Lord knows I've tried to keep him from eating too many of them blue smarties but he just roots them out every time I hide them from him and wouldn't you know it he's off making a nuisance of himself on the internet again. We're working on it.

Parental lock an option? Or stop his pocket money?