POLL: Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury

fat_man_joe

Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?

• Yes
    • No

58 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fuck I only just realised this wasn't about me.

Of course not dents.  You're right, us Glastobaters are a right nightmare. Anyone with over 10k posts on efests is most likely incredibly annoying in October and June.. and July and whenever the lineup comes out.. and the first headliner.  We're just annoying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I voted yes because they're justifiable as a relatively cheap third headliner if they have to bust the budget to get one/both of the other nights' headliners (like Mumford & Sons were the year the Stones played).

But if all three headliners were Foals calibre, it would look weak.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Of course not dents.  You're right, us Glastobaters are a right nightmare. Anyone with over 10k posts on efests is most likely incredibly annoying in October and June.. and July and whenever the lineup comes out.. and the first headliner.  We're just annoying. 

Excuse me I take offense at that. I'm just as annoying as any of you 5-digit posters any time of year.

Fuck sake Matt42 you had to tag me in.

Anyway, I'll just say this - in the hypothetical scenario that Foals were booked to headline they would be the least commercially successful act to headline the festival since 1993. And that was obviously a totally different era when you had baffling acts like The Black Crowes and Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine topping the bill. Even the bands that people on here like to think of as being around a similar size - folks, orders of magnitude.

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

the least commercially successful act to headline the festival since 1993.

But Mash that’s just a much of a muchness? Your average glasto goer won’t think about or recognise that fact. It doesn’t matter at all in regard to headliner bookings. 

You could apply the same logic to the Kaiser Chiefs or Elbow headlining.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But Mash that’s just a much of a muchness? Your average glasto goer won’t think about or recognise that fact. It doesn’t matter at all in regard to headliner bookings. 

You could apply the same logic to the Kaiser Chiefs or Elbow headlining.

Except Kaiser Chiefs have had 2 number 1 albums so are arguably bigger than Foals. 

I'm a big Kaisers fan but they're not headliner material. 

Just now, Mash011 said:

fwiw both also orders of magnitude more successful than foals lol

I just find this such a funny debate because the logic is so flawed.

Users on here would slam down Catfish & The Bottlemen headlining but apparently Foals are big enough?

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Except Kaiser Chiefs have had 2 number 1 albums so are arguably bigger than Foals. 

I'm a big Kaisers fan but they're not headliner material. 

Dude you just own goaled. If a band factually bigger than Foals cannot headline why can Foals headline?

Also did you think I was being serious responding mash? I was being sarcastic lol 

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Dude you just own goaled. If a band factually bigger than Foals cannot headline why can Foals headline?

Also did you think I was being serious responding mash? I was being sarcastic lol 

nah I get it I just wanted to point that one out

honestly Elbow are probably more likely to headline than Foals