POLL: Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury

fat_man_joe

Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I do wonder why it always has to be a band that headlines. A huge DJ, such as Carl Cox, would smash a headline slot on the pyramid. Little indie kids 'The Foals' are not fit to lace his boots, musically speaking.

Or would that upset the apple cart, and the Jennifer's not be amused and therefore think twice about buying tickets for next years 'Glasto'?

If Carl Cox played next year, he would't even be the biggest DJ playing that year, let alone worthy of headlining the Pyramid.  Fatboy Slim, for example, plays much bigger events and there's usually bigger acts that headline the Sonic stage.

I don't think anyone cares if it's a DJ just someone who can fill a stage bigger than The Glade.

As for 'musically speaking', you understand how DJing works don't you? Carl Cox is a fantastic DJ but he's not as known as other certain DJs for playing his own productions or playing a live set (such as 'Ableton' software). 

Also there's been a loads of acts recently that headlined that aren't bands. 

So yeah, you're argument was weak to say the least. 

Edited by danbailey80

36 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Stormzy headlined - has that not put to bed the 'are they big enough' debate? It seems not.

If the festival want to book them, then they are big enough. Same goes for any band or act.

This!!! At the time of the booking, many (myself included) said Stormzy wasn't big enough, then came to terms with it, grew to love him and he ended up with a massive crowd. Now, nobody's questioning whether he's big enough and we all know he smashed his set. I could see the exact same happening to Foals.

31 minutes ago, mike86 said:

This is Brexit all over again. 

Fantastic commentary.

Foals have forever been at the bottom of my list of things to care about. And now I'm being forced to have an opinion on them despite never having any interest in their music. But boy do I get hot under the collar when people disagree with me on it.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Are people voting seriously, or are we genuinely that evenly split? Very interesting.

Your group of mates aren't fully representative? Fancy that. Btw, absolutely none of my mates (including a group of 24 who went to Glasto this year) are into the 1975 but I haven't concluded that they aren't big enough to headline (they are), only that none of us would be there.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Your group of mates aren't fully representative? Fancy that. Btw, absolutely none of my mates (including a group of 24 who went to Glasto this year) are into the 1975 but I haven't concluded that they aren't big enough to headline (they are), only that none of us would be there.

Why do you always follow me around?

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Maybe the question should be are Foals big enough to headline the 50th anniversary? 

In my view no. But there’s no reason why they couldn’t headline eventually. 

Yep. Although I would love them to headline the 50th, you would imagine there are certain acts they will be trying to get ahead of the likes of Foals, as its such a landmark year.