POLL: Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury

fat_man_joe

Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Are Foals big enough to headline Glastonbury?

• Yes
    • No

They absolutely nailed it at Reading.

I think Glastonbury absolutely should be giving these 'borderline' acts a shot.   They have 2 other nights to put on dead certs.   

Glastonbury sell out without the lineup being announced and are in the best position to create new headliners.   Stick them on, widen the headliner pool.

21 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

The question should been, are they good enough?

That's the question people often answer even though they were asked "is this band big enough to headline".   The amount of posts you get along the lines of "I don't like that act, how on earth can they headline?" is amazing.

Foals could easily headline. The only question is whether the festival will ask them them to.

9 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

They absolutely nailed it at Reading.

I think Glastonbury absolutely should be giving these 'borderline' acts a shot.   They have 2 other nights to put on dead certs.   

Glastonbury sell out without the lineup being announced and are in the best position to create new headliners.   Stick them on, widen the headliner pool.

I agree, give it to Tame Impala. Maybe wait until 2021 though as they only just played.

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I agree, give it to Tame Impala. Maybe wait until 2021 though as they only just played.

Still think all the subs in 2016 should have headlined. Maybe keep Coldplay so there's a geniune massive act and I was at LCD Soundsystem anyway.

I do wonder why it always has to be a band that headlines. A huge DJ, such as Carl Cox, would smash a headline slot on the pyramid. Little indie kids 'The Foals' are not fit to lace his boots, musically speaking.

Or would that upset the apple cart, and the Jennifer's not be amused and therefore think twice about buying tickets for next years 'Glasto'?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought the idea was that we voted (with our wallets) that we should trust the representatives of GFL to make these decisions?

Yes but Glastonbury’s booking policy reflects on us, because we talk to everyone and anyone in the outside world about Glastonbury until they hate us.