Martin Ashford

13 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

I've only ever heard that matchbox twenny one. 

Any guidance on where to start? 

You'll have heard this one surely at some point?

Edited by Dark Star

20 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Obvious ones:

Oye Como Va

She's Not There

Black Magic Woman

Basically give the Abraxas album a spin :)

Edited by Quark

2 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Is there any substance to this or is it just wishful thinking on somebody's part?

The voice in my head has told me that Tom Waits is definitely headlining.

A regular poster who isnt known for making stories up, posted they'd heard it from a decent source.

Obviously thats not cast iron, but its enough to get people talking

18 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

If you listen to Abraxas you hear them at their peak - I also recommend Caravanserai (well jazzy) and Moonflower which is a truly exceptional live album. West Holts headliners - Santana were essentially  World Music before the term was ever used or late afternoon on the Pyramid. Personally I think the Legend slot was made for them.

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

But Martin what do you do if they are up against Taylor? Who will you choose? 

Santana is much more exciting than anything in the headliner thread at the moment. 

Agreed. I'd be interested in seeing Taylor but Santana would very likely be my #1 preference for the whole festival, especially on WH.

19 hours ago, lukethekid said:

So, Santana, Black Magic Woman. Fleetwood Mac (The new Fleetwood Mac) may still have played this? Little dig at Fleetwood Mac if you ask me, would be a nice touch, fuck ‘em

"old" Fleetwood Mac, headed by Peter Green, played this on their eponymous first album. Peter Green headlining Acoustic would be a fabulous snub to the mega-greedy who springboarded of the back of his genius

21 minutes ago, bullie said:

"old" Fleetwood Mac, headed by Peter Green, played this on their eponymous first album. Peter Green headlining Acoustic would be a fabulous snub to the mega-greedy who springboarded of the back of his genius

When I said new Fleetwood Mac I meant Fleetwood Mac post Lindsey Buckingham, might be wrong but I wouldn’t have thought they’d have played it before firing him. I know they didn’t the 2 times I’ve saw them anyway. Peter Green I believe wrote Black Magic Woman and he’s gone awol again I think, I’m sure someone mentioned that on here a while ago. Just get Lindsey on the bill to play Big Love for an hour solid with a big banner behind him that says “fuck off you greedy bastards”.

Edit: I was half pissed when I typed that message last night so can see now reading it back why it could be misinterpreted, my apologies. 

Edited by lukethekid