Which stage will Elbow be on?

DJ Cull

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Then you'll love the new one. It's pretty 'bombastic'.

Love the new one, actually. Not not songle dud. Keeping it rather short was a good decision. White Heat and My Trouble are excellent.

On Glasto I think they'll be Pyramid sub of Other head.

I got halfway and wasn't feeling it.  I was including the new one in "the last two" Maybe I'll try again when I'm not quite as busy at work and I can devote a bit more attention to it.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Everything on the last couple of albums is restrained.  I'm bored of it and want a bit of bombast.

Didn’t enjoy Little Fictions at all but I think this effort is far more in keeping with their earlier stuff. I meant OTT with the schmaltz, the subject matters pretty emotional.

I can see them headlining The Park. I think the 'middle' stages have all stepped up in the last couple of years in terms of getting a headliner or 2 capable of drawing crowds from the Pyramid. In particular The Park with Hot Chip and Flaming Lips, acts with really decent sized loyal fanbases that would love to see them on the big stage in the dark but know it will never really happen.

A lot could depend on the Pyramid headliner. I cant see them being pitched against Reg or Macca but 1975 on the pointy one, big dance act on W Holts and Gallagheresque types on other could see it happen.?

Flaming Lips and Hot Chip were my top headliners of those respective years btw... great atmosphere for both. If i had a ticket i would probably be there..

• 4 weeks later...

Giving this a bump to chime in about how good the new album is! I more or less discarded Little Frictions after a single listen as I just couldn’t get it into it, but with the exception of Doldrums the new one is gripping from start to finish!

Park headliner would be a great moment, just not up against Macca please!!

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Just announced a date in New Zealand on June 4. Presumably Australian dates will follow. Doesn’t rule them out yet but may place them far from the festival in early to mid June..

Possibly, though four or five Aussie dates and they could easily be back in the U.K. by the 24th. 

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Just had a look at the recent setlists from this tour ahead of seeing them on Sunday.

I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared for this. 

I am not emotionally prepared for hearing One Day Like This because it is such a Glastonbury song and not having had my One Day Like This for so long now I think it would break me. 

Hope you enjoy the gig. I know they get a lot of stick on here but they are a lovely bunch and Guy Garvey's voice does make me emotional. 

• Upvote 2