Roger Waters

O'Doyle Rules

14 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Free on the Sunday and in the UK (although  would mean a number of gigs in a row).

Thoughts? Cheeky Pink Floyd reunion for the 50th is certainly a surprise 

Have I missed something? Can't find any info on this.

57 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Enjoyed what I saw of him in 2002 (think that was the year). I'm sure they put in a special PA or something for his show that year? (Probably am wrong).

He had extra speakers setup in the pyramid field so the whole thing was in surround sound! Listening the the planes fly over your head from The Wall is something i will never forget. To this day the best live set I have seen anyone do. I've also seen his Dark side of the moon tour twice and The Wall tour he did about 6 years ago but the Glasto one tops it!

24 minutes ago, Noble Skunk said:

Really can't see a PF reunion after reading this recent Rolling Stone interview.   It would be great to see him perform Us + Them though

Dick move from Gilmour in fairness. 

This has been Pink Floyd since the mid 80s unfortunately. An utter abomination.

Edited by The Nal

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Dick move from Gilmour in fairness. 

This has been Pink Floys since the mid 80s unfortunately. An utter abomination.

Agreed. Why on earth he wont do a few shows on a small tour is beyond me.... it would make a fucking fortune for climate change if he wanted. Roger must have really fucked him right off back in the day.... 

What is weird is he has done the odd appearance with Waters.... he play comfortably numb at one of his Wall shows a couple years back... 

FFS sort your shit out Dave! 

5 hours ago, ShuMart said:

He had extra speakers setup in the pyramid field so the whole thing was in surround sound! Listening the the planes fly over your head from The Wall is something i will never forget. To this day the best live set I have seen anyone do. I've also seen his Dark side of the moon tour twice and The Wall tour he did about 6 years ago but the Glasto one tops it!

That sounds great.

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

....and forgot the words.  I was there.  His appearance was epic and disappointing in equal measures.

He hasn't aged well over the last couple of years. I wish he would just bite the frigging bullet and do some massive charity gigs as Pink Floyd before he pops it and there is only Roger and Nick left. 

40 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

Sorry but that's total bull.

I was there too. 

He did forget the words.

But epic and disappointing in EQUAL measures? Get a grip. It was 100% epic. You clearly weren't even there.

Wow...thats touched a nerve eh?  I was there...with my wife and a friend...and even had a chat with a certain Mr Nick Mason and wife Netty who I have occasional contact with through vintage motorsport....perhaps you'd like me to ask him to vouch for my presence? 

To the case in point though...David's appearance was certainly epic, even though Polly had pretty much tweeted the cat out of the bag earlier in the day, but his voice was not as strong as it could have been, and to forget the words to perhaps the greatest Floyd song of all time was to be honest a little disappointing...oh hang on...I think that's what I said earlier. 

Carry on. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Wow...thats touched a nerve eh?  I was there...with my wife and a friend...and even had a chat with a certain Mr Nick Mason and wife Netty who I have occasional contact with through vintage motorsport....perhaps you'd like me to ask him to vouch for my presence? 

To the case in point though...David's appearance was certainly epic, even though Polly had pretty much tweeted the cat out of the bag earlier in the day, but his voice was not as strong as it could have been, and to forget the words to perhaps the greatest Floyd song of all time was to be honest a little disappointing...oh hang on...I think that's what I said earlier. 

Carry on. 

Oh so you have changed your opinion. from "equal measures epic and disappointing" to "a little disappointing". Thank you for changing your mind and validating the point I challenged you on.

Please carry on with your erratically hyperbolic life, it sounds both thrilling and utterly dull in equal measures.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, judyblue110 said:

Oh so you have changed your opinion. from "equal measures epic and disappointing" to "a little disappointing". Thank you for changing your mind and validating the point I challenged you on.

Please carry on with your erratically hyperbolic life, it sounds both thrilling and utterly dull in equal measures.

Do you need to get your meds reassessed? 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

Switch to decaf.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

chill leopard GIF

6 hours ago, maelzoid said:

The recent Pink Floyd podcast The Lost Art of Conversation is well worth a listen. It ends with a very real suggestion that there is more to come from the band. I'm not convinced, but it's definitely a possibility.

Assume it'll be re-releases and "previously unheard" imbecility from the utterly appalling post Waters period. Tunes that Gilmour got his missus to write for him.

More aural AIDS like this.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Assume it'll be re-releases and "previously unheard" imbecility from the utterly appalling post Waters period. Tunes that Gilmour got his missus to write for him.

More aural AIDS like this.

Hearing AIDS?

I'll get my coat...