Roger Waters

O'Doyle Rules

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Where are these tour dates you’re talking about?

Thought the same thing and Google got me this:

https://www.jambase.com/article/roger-waters-david-gilmour-tour-2020

So nothing concrete there then.

I feel sure that if he did play it would have to be the Friday to get the full RW/PF sound and stage spectacle. You couldn't set up a huge model Spitfire to crash into the stage during the interval after the support act on a Sunday :). I'm ure I remember one year when the Friday headliner had people in the Pyramid field guarding their speaker and/or laser set ups from the Tuesday and then it disappeared overnight (think it may have been Coldplay last time but one).

Would possibly camp all day inside the barrier if RW happened.

11 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I feel sure that if he did play it would have to be the Friday to get the full RW/PF sound and stage spectacle. You couldn't set up a huge model Spitfire to crash into the stage during the interval after the support act on a Sunday :). I'm ure I remember one year when the Friday headliner had people in the Pyramid field guarding their speaker and/or laser set ups from the Tuesday and then it disappeared overnight (think it may have been Coldplay last time but one).

Yeah. I suppose it would all hinge on what this tour is supposed to be. I’m thinking that OP must have caught a glimpse of 2018’s tour poster because I can’t see anything either apart from that article.

10 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Free on the Sunday and in the UK (although  would mean a number of gigs in a row).

Thoughts? Cheeky Pink Floyd reunion for the 50th is certainly a surprise 

mate of mine's auntie's priest said he saw Syd Barrett walking out of the crematorium alive so Floyd reunion confirmed

I like Waters and saw him last summer at BST. It was an impressive show and of course the closest thing to a Floyd show available, but...

He performed both Money and Pigs, defiantly anti-capitalism songs, which we enjoyed back in the cheap seats while Roger enjoyed the increased income from selling golden and diamond circle tickets... The irony was not lost on me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrZigster said:

but when he played at Glastonbury Sunday 30 June 2002 it was not the full works { production wise that you used to get at Wembley or Earl's Court } although the sound was cracking - as soon as I knew the times I was straight onto staffing to shuffle my Team shifts as there was no bloody way I was going to miss it - we were working in the Guest bar { backstage compound } so hung back behind the barrier at the back of the stage to see if I could get a photograph but I did not spot him - handy at the end as I slipped back to the guest bar for a drink {technical we are not supposed to use that gate {gate to the left of the stage} but I chanced my arm as I was not going to battle though the crowds.}   

also see - old but you never know our luck 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/16/pink-floyd-play-glastonbury-last-nick-mason-roger-waters-ready/

------------

In the Flesh
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
Mother
Pigs on the Wing 1
Dogs
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Wish You Were Here
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
Speak to Me
Breathe
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
Money
5:06 AM (Every Stranger's Eyes) - from The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking - he does not do that often
Perfect Sense (Parts 1 and 2)
The Bravery of Being Out of Range
It's a Miracle
Amused to Death
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Comfortably Numb
Encore: Flickering Flame

https://youtu.be/lJcU1jaSkNY

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

I like Waters and saw him last summer at BST. It was an impressive show and of course the closest thing to a Floyd show available, but...

He performed both Money and Pigs, defiantly anti-capitalism songs, which we enjoyed back in the cheap seats while Roger enjoyed the increased income from selling golden and diamond circle tickets... The irony was not lost on me.

Actually the cheaper seats in Glasgow were the best ones as you got a tremendous view of the various lighting effects, especially the pyramid. So maybe he was actually rewarding those who couldn’t afford the ground level seating!  And maybe not! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris