If you only do one thing at Glastonbury make sure you...

vardyvarvar

1 minute ago, vardyvarvar said:

Definitely agree with this one. Queued up for the not so secret underground jazz bar for over 30mins and the queue didn’t move. Turned out the irish guys manning the exit were just letting people in/out there whenever they fancied.

Is this the one by the stone circle?

I actually found a secret entrance to this a couple of years ago... problem was I was in there alone so I left to queue with them again after having a nose around.

@DareToDibble exactly, so this year we found it on the Friday and went in during the day when it was still under construction. We got booted out by H&S / actual security as it was a building site.

Came back about 2am on Saturday night and there were these am-dram idiots guarding the exit telling everyone the real queue was up from the dragon. Still an orderly queue by the exit of people that didn’t believe the irish gatekeepers. 

Anyway they just picked and chose who they let in, took bribes, made disgusting “jokes” and dicked everyone around. It was a total waste of time and EE is right, it’s time for something new.

32 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Come to the eFests meet. I was really nervous last year so dragged some friends along. Shouldn't have worried... everyone was really welcoming and it'll now be a yearly Glasto ritual (ticket permitting of course) to start my festival.

Oh and the cider bus. 

We Hope to get along this year, bumped into @crazyfool1 at the pilton party, let’s face it you could hardly miss him.  I trust fancy dress isn’t obligatory 

Not sure if this counts, as technically you need to prepare it before the festival but you will get the benefits during the festival. 

But signing up for the secret glasto notifications. I've only been to the festival once before but the text notifications were so useful. Will be using it again for 2020, loved the secret sets. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Spend as much time as you can in the theatre and circus fields. Basically whenever you don't know what to do go there. There's always something fun on. 

Agree with this.

We found ourselves escaping the heat in the circus tent on Friday and saw some incredible acts. There was this girl in a giant hula hoop that was one of our weekend highlights.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, vardyvarvar said:

Agree with this.

We found ourselves escaping the heat in the circus tent on Friday and saw some incredible acts. There was this girl in a giant hula hoop that was one of our weekend highlights.

It's the one thing we got right from our very first festival. Before we went for the first time someone told me to try and go to as many areas and stages as you can so you don't get stuck in front of the main stages. In our first year we did spend a lot of time at main stages but we did at least go to the theatre and circus fields nearly every day and to the Greenfields and I just think it helps you get a more rounded view of Glastonbury and what makes it different to other festivals. 

2 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Agree with this.

Determined to do this, always are tempted elsewhere so this year going to do this area more than just a quick wander on Thursday.

26 minutes ago, TastyPasty said:

Not sure if this counts, as technically you need to prepare it before the festival but you will get the benefits during the festival. 

But signing up for the secret glasto notifications. I've only been to the festival once before but the text notifications were so useful. Will be using it again for 2020, loved the secret sets. 

This helps a lot other than being on here and checking the thread thats started, since you can get a decent idea of whats coming and then secretglasto just confirms your hopes/suspicions. And the crows nest twitter account since theyll usually post their schedule each morning. Saves the walk up the hill to check for yourself.

def agree on music priorities aNd just having one no matter what happens set be in your day and then see what else happens. I made it a point just to see acts that I knew I wouldnt get the chance to see or not pay for here in the states.  Ive seen lots of americans just make their schedule out to be A very similar Batch of acts that come through on a regular basis and not ones who never cross the pond or do once in a decade.

Edited by Suprefan

Make sure you can find your tent.  That might sound simple when you arrive all excited by daylight, set it up and dash off to see the site.  But later that evening, as you return in darkness, finding your tent may not be that easy.  Don't think: "It was next to that big green tent" because in the dark all tents look the same and anyway there will have been dozens of other big green tents put up.  So before you leave your tent for the first time make a note of landmarks that wont change like pathways, toilet blocks, hedges and pylons.

The same applies if you arrive by car.  Note it's position relative to paths and hedges and field numbers.  Because if you are relying on it being parked near 'that big red lorry' and the lorry has gone you're stuffed.

5 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Make sure you can find your tent.  That might sound simple when you arrive all excited by daylight, set it  Because if you are relying on it being parked near 'that big red lorry' and the lorry has gone you're stuffed.

And remember tent flags can move too. It took me ages on Sunday to find my tent in 2017 as the pirates camped near me and left with their scull and crossbones. Really not great after 5 days on your feet

We are taking our own flag this year I think (strictly for camp)

Trying to pick something different it would be go walk round the SE corner early evening Wednesday or Thursday. You catch so many details you can't in the crowds later on

Edited by Heather90