If you only do one thing at Glastonbury make sure you...

vardyvarvar

7 hours ago, Sally1999 said:

HAHAHA been going since 2006 still can't find rabbit hole where the hell isit must stop drinking and enjoying where i am and look for it any help let us know daaaaaaaah

Didn't they make it really obvious now? There's always a big queue at the top of the park. 

7 hours ago, Sally1999 said:

HAHAHA been going since 2006 still can't find rabbit hole where the hell isit must stop drinking and enjoying where i am and look for it any help let us know daaaaaaaah

I recommend taking a look in the daytime, at night it can all be a bit unclear about who is where queuing for what. But yeah theres typically a massive queue which is a dead give away. 

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

It's identified on the map now I think

It's always been identified on the map since I started going (2016). Theres a bar/stage called the rabbit hole that isn't the secret bit. 

38 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I recommend taking a look in the daytime, at night it can all be a bit unclear about who is where queuing for what. But yeah theres typically a massive queue which is a dead give away. 

It's always been identified on the map since I started going (2016). Theres a bar/stage called the rabbit hole that isn't the secret bit. 

Ah right, walked past the Rabbit Hole sign this year and just thought oh that's where it is! Must've walked past it so many times in the past as well but was probably battered! 

For those brewing infusions: you can speed up the process by putting your glass bottles in the dishwasher. The heat is just right to get the sweets melting without cooking them/effecting the alcohol.

I've not done it in years (alas I have to wash dishes by hand nowadays) but 1 dishwasher cycle did the work of weeks of skittles sitting on the side in the kitchen. 

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

How the fuck can you sleep in a big tent full of drunks wearing docs , trying to dance the rumba whilst a Cuban band blasts out a tune? 

my friend fell asleep leaning on a speaker stack in the glade when it was on ... so im sure that is very manageable for some :) 

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:23 AM, morph100 said:

Talk to strangers, they might become friends 

Absolutely ... wearing my fancy dress is partly to force myself to meet people who I wouldn't normally ... believe it or not im actually not great at meeting strangers ... events like Glastonbury force me out of my shell (hat ) 

11 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Can anyone recommend a good spot to meet new people before the music starts? Any social coffee areas or similar?

As in a general meet people and bimble around?

Stonebridge Bar in the Park is a good bet, particularly (I would say) during the inevitable Baggy Mondays set on Thursday afternoon.

The main bar near Williams Green.

If you don't mind making a tit of yourself (or if you're actually musically inclined) the Big Easy Jam up in the Park is a blast.

Smaller acts will be on around Croissant Neuf, get up there for Mik Artistik and everyone's in a great mood.

And obviously the efests meet at the Ridge & Furrow bar in Theatre & Circus, 6pm on the Wednesday :)

2 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

Can anyone recommend a good spot to meet new people before the music starts? Any social coffee areas or similar?

Go to the Oak tree on the pyramid stage field on Thursday at around 2pm. Take a bottle of a flavoured spirit (decanted out of a glass bottle of course). Wear something pink or take a pink umbrella. Share your booze. Get f****d up!

51d0086a4aad01982a471324f05064ff-rimg-w2

• Upvote 1

Make something in the craft fields. This year was the first year I've ever done it and I wound up making a silver bangle with the dude from Homes Under the Hammer. It wasn't cheap but I wear it all the time and it's a lovely reminder. I engraved it myself with some lyrics so the grand plan is to make it a bit of a tradition every year and engrave it with different lyrics each time of a band or artist I've seen that year at the festival ?

Writing and bangle is a bit wonky but I love it considering I am shit at anything remotely creative

20190627_123444.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Digi said:

Make something in the craft fields. This year was the first year I've ever done it and I wound up making a silver bangle with the dude from Homes Under the Hammer. It wasn't cheap but I wear it all the time and it's a lovely reminder. I engraved it myself with some lyrics so the grand plan is to make it a bit of a tradition every year and engrave it with different lyrics each time of a band or artist I've seen that year at the festival ?

Writing and bangle is a bit wonky but I love it considering I am shit at anything remotely creative

20190627_123444.jpg

im hoping he gave you a valuation before and after :) is he as grumpy as ive been led to believe ? 

57 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im hoping he gave you a valuation before and after :) is he as grumpy as ive been led to believe ? 

He was actually really really nice, but I think that's because I acted like I had absolutely no idea who he was so just nattered about how hammering silver wasn't the best idea I had ever had whilst drinking silly amounts of JD. We mainly spoke about getting rat arsed ?

3 hours ago, Gilb said:

Go to the Oak tree on the pyramid stage field on Thursday at around 2pm. Take a bottle of a flavoured spirit (decanted out of a glass bottle of course). Wear something pink or take a pink umbrella. Share your booze. Get f****d up!

51d0086a4aad01982a471324f05064ff-rimg-w2

This will be my 8th visit. How the flying flabbergasting fuck did I not know this was a thing?