If you only do one thing at Glastonbury make sure you...

vardyvarvar

1 hour ago, pentura said:

It's very deadly. Made some in about 2014 / 2015. Very, very smooth and easy to drink considering it was straight Vodka. Think I drank nearly a full 70cl over the course of a day and was near-blind by the end of the evening. Possibly still hungover from that year.

Might make some more for 2020! 

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep I did that one as well, took them both along to the meet.  The refreshers one is more noticeably vodka-based, so it didn't go as quickly.  The werthers one is like drinking a milkshake and it was absolutely lethal :lol:

The only issue she had was due to the heat this year it quickly became a warm drink... which didn’t have quite the same appeal. But yes it was just like drinking sugar so you forget it’s straight 37% spirit :lol: 

I’ve seen a Skittles one made before but can’t imagine they will mask the taste of vodka quite as well.

56 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep I did that one as well, took them both along to the meet.  The refreshers one is more noticeably vodka-based, so it didn't go as quickly.  The werthers one is like drinking a milkshake and it was absolutely lethal :lol:

Absolutely! Sat there for a couple of hours around our camp drinking this stuff

"I don't feel drunk at all"

I stood up and boy was I wrong. So very, very wrong. 

3 minutes ago, pentura said:

Absolutely! Sat there for a couple of hours around our camp drinking this stuff

"I don't feel drunk at all"

I stood up and boy was I wrong. So very, very wrong. 

Brain: "I'm all good, lets go walkabout"

Legs: "Fuck you brain, we're on strike"

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Brain: "I'm all good, lets go walkabout"

Legs: "Fuck you brain, we're on strike"

This happened to me in 2013 before the Stones after a shocking amount of Whiskey at the Chameleon Bar. One leg would work, the other would not.

Also happened at LCD Soundsystem in 2016.

Also happened at the Bimble Inn one night

There's a pattern forming here....

This happened to me in 2013 before the Stones after a shocking amount of Whiskey at the Chameleon Bar. One leg would work, the other would not.

#there is no pattern 

• Like 1

Ooh the one leg thing's almost worse.  Just end up going in circles.

Use Wednesday and Thursday. I think some people, especially those who have never been before, think that Glasto doesn't really kick off until the Friday.

From Friday-Sunday, you'll probably be going from stage to stage, and it will be a lot busier. Wednesday and especially Thursday are great for getting lost and wandering. Even if you think somewhere isn't your bag (baby), just go. It's literally amazing what you stumble on. Avoid plans for these days and go with the flow. Dont do it too quickly either. Take some time to sit and take it all in, because its amazing and you might miss it when you are watching bands back to back over the weekend.

On a more sensible non-booze related topic, one that comes up a lot on the mental health thread is to not put the pressure on yourself to have the most amazing time every minute of every day you're there. Enjoy it, but don't convince yourself you're doing it wrong if you're not turned up to 11 for 5 days solid.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

On a more sensible non-booze related topic, one that comes up a lot on the mental health thread is to not put the pressure on yourself to have the most amazing time every minute of every day you're there. Enjoy it, but don't convince yourself you're doing it wrong if you're not turned up to 11 for 5 days solid.

Agree...especially if it's your first one, or the weather is horrendous. 

I think it took my until Glasto 3 before i saw the majority of it, and even then, i probably missed stuff. You are probably never going to cover the whole site, or at least do something there, so just enjoy what you are doing and explore over the next few years!

I think the challenge going back a few times is to get the balance of nostalgia vs new experiences.

I tend to like what I know and know what I like so have to remind myself to break down the barriers of routine and go with the flow which is a big thing for me!

Another tip I have for Wednesday/Thursday is don’t wear a watch. What time is it? Doesn’t matter - do whatever you feel like doing right now.