If you only do one thing at Glastonbury make sure you...

vardyvarvar

Come to the eFests meet. I was really nervous last year so dragged some friends along. Shouldn't have worried... everyone was really welcoming and it'll now be a yearly Glasto ritual (ticket permitting of course) to start my festival.

Oh and the cider bus. 

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Took me long enough, but I finally visited Brothers Bar for the first time this year; safe to say I made several more visits over the course of the weekend... so therefore, make sure you go to Brothers Bar. 

I normally make a few visits, too. Only time I went there this year was when watching Jeff Goldblum. 

Does anyone know if they still play music on the Thursday night?

4 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Try lots of different food!

Yeah nice... my top 3 places were:

1) Hog Roast sandwich dubbed “best in the UK” from stand near Williams Green

2) Halloumi falafel wrap near EE Recharge tent

3) Vegan curry from just outside the rabbit hole. Queue was massive but well worth the wait. 

12 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Come to the eFests meet. I was really nervous last year so dragged some friends along. Shouldn't have worried... everyone was really welcoming and it'll now be a yearly Glasto ritual (ticket permitting of course) to start my festival.

Oh and the cider bus. 

What's that like? Do people just spend half hour there, have a drink, then everyone leaves? Or is it like a proper social event

I hope JJ is there

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

What's that like? Do people just spend half hour there, have a drink, then everyone leaves? Or is it like a proper social event

I hope JJ is there

Varies. Some come and go, some are there for a good few hours and onwards. I left this year at 8.30 and it was still going strong.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I hope JJ is there

I think I was there a couple of hours. I know some got there before me and left after me. People just come and go as they please, really.

And for some of the people I was speaking to... end up being made to share my rum :lol: 

Edited by DareToDibble

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think I was there a couple of hours. I know some got there before me and left after me. People just come and go as they please, really.

And for the people stood by me... end up being made to share my rum :lol: 

Yeah be prepared to have booze forced on you. I think it was @noplacelikehome that brought some friends to meet "the people off the internet" and I ended up feeding them werthers vodka, refreshers vodka and my rum & ginger. I think I gave them a choice :lol:

"Is it normal to take drinks from strangers at festivals?"

"Yes it is. Now shush and drink from this unmarked bottle in my rucksack"

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 2

Don’t dash from main stage to main stage trying to see too many bands. Take time to wander round, dip into all the areas .  Try to arrive as early as possible. Wednesday and Thursday can be absolutely wonderful. Enjoy a drink and whatever but don’t get off your face so bad you wipe out the next day. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Don't queue for anything 

Definitely agree with this one. Queued up for the not so secret underground jazz bar for over 30mins and the queue didn’t move. Turned out the irish guys manning the exit were just letting people in/out there whenever they fancied.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah be prepared to have booze forced on you. I think it was @noplacelikehome that brought some friends to meet "the people off the internet" and I ended up feeding them werthers vodka, refreshers vodka and my rum & ginger. I think I gave them a choice :lol:

"Is it normal to take drinks from strangers at festivals?"

"Yes it is. Now shush and drink from this unmarked bottle in my rucksack"

Exactly! I'm sure my rum and coke was in an unmarked 3L bottle... there were many alcoholic trades during the time I was there!

Also refreshers vodka sounds fantastic so I'm gonna have to find you at next years meet clearly! Can I put an order in now or should I wait until the new year?

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t dash from main stage to main stage trying to see too many bands. Take time to wander round, dip into all the areas .  Try to arrive as early as possible. Wednesday and Thursday can be absolutely wonderful. Enjoy a drink and whatever but don’t get off your face so bad you wipe out the next day. 

I like this.

My rule of thumb is one act per day that you really can’t go without seeing and the rest is where the real experience happens.