Thom Yorke

glastofun

3 hours ago, zero000 said:

Not exactly bringing the big guns out.

I’ve saw Radiohead 5 times and I can’t recall ever seeing them play Like Spinning Plates. Gives him the opportunity to play something a little bit more unusual to a normal Radiohead setlist doesn’t it, don’t get me wrong he might not but I think he knows how synonymous Radiohead are with Glastonbury and how there would more than likely be an expectation for him to play one or two Radiohead numbers.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Maybe, but the setlist doesnt deviate that much because of the prduction and such. A full set is over 2 hours and he wont get that time at Glasto, prob 90 mins max. Gotta cut something out. He has purposefully kept this and radiohead separate, which isnt a bad thing. Lots of people who have gone to this tour expect radiohead songs and are disappointed they get nothing. I recall at a gig in 2017 when people were leaving midway through his Set.

He’ll have a couple of different setlists though won’t he, he’ll have his gig setlist and then a festival setlist both of which will be able to be tweaked. I was tempted to try and get tickets for him for Manchester but won’t be able to afford it with Glastonbury just around the corner. 

26 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I’ve saw Radiohead 5 times and I can’t recall ever seeing them play Like Spinning Plates. Gives him the opportunity to play something a little bit more unusual to a normal Radiohead setlist doesn’t it, don’t get me wrong he might not but I think he knows how synonymous Radiohead are with Glastonbury and how there would more than likely be an expectation for him to play one or two Radiohead numbers.

Agreed, I think something like WATD or Codex would go down a right treat in the set he's currently playing. 

1 hour ago, sirjonnyp said:

Bit harsh, LSP is (rightly) regarded as a fan favourite, particularly as it's done on the piano and quite different from the studio sound. 

Aye I appreciate that. I was just acknowledging for the casual fan hoping to see him play some Radiohead tunes, they're not going to be itching for him to crack out Like Spinning Plates.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Got my ticket for Manchester in case of clashes at Glasto. Love ANIMA, best one he has done. 

Looks to have sold out his dates, bring on summer. If he plays the Park I dont care who else is on. For those expecting some Radiohead at Glasto when he plays, I usually would say dont hold your breath, he doesn't play them at all but he did Spectre at Manchester last time when I saw him and if he will perform a few Radiohead anywhere then Glasto will be the place.

Imagine he brought out Jonny like the secret set years ago with them two. It wouldn't happen but I would have to be there just in case. Who else has got tickets?

Couldn’t justify it at 55 quid, especially considering it’s a week before the festival and I’ve got to travel from Liverpool to Manchester, then you add a drink or two to the mix and it gets a bit of an expensive evening. Was quite surprised at the price to be honest, 55 quid’s a bit of a joke isn’t it. I’m sure the last Radiohead gig at Old Trafford was 65. 

2 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Couldn’t justify it at 55 quid, especially considering it’s a week before the festival and I’ve got to travel from Liverpool to Manchester, then you add a drink or two to the mix and it gets a bit of an expensive evening. Was quite surprised at the price to be honest, 55 quid’s a bit of a joke isn’t it. I’m sure the last Radiohead gig at Old Trafford was 65. 

Very hefty and probably not worth it but he will be good. Regretted it when Nick Cave announced his tour but two gigs isn't it :) 

Only sold out the Manchester Saturday, I think a lot will feel how you do, including me but I am the dick that paid it.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Very hefty and probably not worth it but he will be good. Regretted it when Nick Cave announced his tour but two gigs isn't it :) 

Only sold out the Manchester Saturday, I think a lot will feel how you do, including me but I am the dick that paid it.

Added an extra date on the Sunday. Would have maybe considered it if he’d added a date in Liverpool but just can’t be arsed trecking it to Manchester when he looks pretty likely to be playing Glasto.

2 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Saw him at The Big Chill some years ago, and he was hands down the most boring, depressing thing i've ever seen.

Finally buggered off to a better stage when he started off a song with the lyrics "I hate the world!".

No idea why anyone likes or has an ounce of patience for this twonk.

Cool story bro