Thom Yorke

glastofun

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i think it's likely, although it could just be that he wants to go to the fest without performing.

Just out of interest, what determines if someone looks like Thom Yorke, but others are on the rumoured list? Whats the source of rumours? And what's the distinction between a rumour and a strong rumour? 

1 minute ago, glastofun said:

Just out of interest, what determines if someone looks like Thom Yorke, but others are on the rumoured list? Whats the source of rumours? And what's the distinction between a rumour and a strong rumour? 

"'rumour" is "there's a rumour going round"
"strong rumour" is "likely to play".

What gets something included is a variety of things. For instance all the discussion here from Thom's tour dates qualifies it as a "rumour"; so does all the stuff they said on 6music. I'd have added it anyway because it definitely looks within the possibilities. 

Ultimately tho, those are pretty much guesses. An act is unlikely to be a "strong rumour" without some info of supposed substance behind it.

Just announced some UK dates, but annoyingly the night before and first day of Glasto for London... bit of a quandary for the ticketless:

June 2020
19th - SEC (Scottish Events Centre) Hall 3, Glasgow, UK
20th - O2 Victoria Warehouse, Manchester, UK
23rd - Eventim Apollo, London, UK
24th - Eventim Apollo, London, UK

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just announced some UK dates, but annoyingly the night before and first day of Glasto for London... bit of a quandary for the ticketless:

June 2020
19th - SEC (Scottish Events Centre) Hall 3, Glasgow, UK
20th - O2 Victoria Warehouse, Manchester, UK
23rd - Eventim Apollo, London, UK
24th - Eventim Apollo, London, UK

What's stopping you if you like him, an haven't got a ticket? In the remote chance that you end up getting a ticket, go to Thom Yorke on Tuesday. 

6 hours ago, glastofun said:

What's stopping you if you like him, an haven't got a ticket? In the remote chance that you end up getting a ticket, go to Thom Yorke on Tuesday. 

No way I'd go to a gig the night before Glastonbury! I'm usually still packing til late and then it's an early start... maybe just a quandary for me then. Hopefully he'll show up at an alternative festival somewhere and I can kill two birds with one stone.

I saw that he dropped Dawn Chorus from the set for a recent festival, that really needs to get back in the setlist. Aside from the odd gig, he doesn't tend to play Radiohead material at the TMB shows, can't help but wonder if that will alienate some of the casuals in a hard way? That said, he played LSP a few days ago. That would be special on the park. 

10 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Aside from the odd gig, he doesn't tend to play Radiohead material at the TMB shows, can't help but wonder if that will alienate some of the casuals in a hard way? 

It probably would. Not his fault they're expecting that Radiohead tunes tho.

20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

"'rumour" is "there's a rumour going round"
"strong rumour" is "likely to play".

What gets something included is a variety of things. For instance all the discussion here from Thom's tour dates qualifies it as a "rumour"; so does all the stuff they said on 6music. I'd have added it anyway because it definitely looks within the possibilities. 

Ultimately tho, those are pretty much guesses. An act is unlikely to be a "strong rumour" without some info of supposed substance behind it.

Hey Neil, am unsure if its an error on my side but when I click the link on https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2020/ For the 2020 line up and rumours page it directrs me to 2019? Have to physically change the URL to 2020 for it to work out. 

6 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I reckon he's playing Radiohead stuff as well at Glasto. 
Played Like Spinning Plates the other week, might get a nice little surprise.

Maybe, but the setlist doesnt deviate that much because of the prduction and such. A full set is over 2 hours and he wont get that time at Glasto, prob 90 mins max. Gotta cut something out. He has purposefully kept this and radiohead separate, which isnt a bad thing. Lots of people who have gone to this tour expect radiohead songs and are disappointed they get nothing. I recall at a gig in 2017 when people were leaving midway through his Set.

Edited by Suprefan

Got my ticket for Manchester in case of clashes at Glasto. Love ANIMA, best one he has done. 

Looks to have sold out his dates, bring on summer. If he plays the Park I dont care who else is on. For those expecting some Radiohead at Glasto when he plays, I usually would say dont hold your breath, he doesn't play them at all but he did Spectre at Manchester last time when I saw him and if he will perform a few Radiohead anywhere then Glasto will be the place.

Imagine he brought out Jonny like the secret set years ago with them two. It wouldn't happen but I would have to be there just in case. Who else has got tickets?