What have you seen at other festivals that could work for Glasto?

squirrelarmy

On 10/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, squirrelarmy said:

If people are bringing their own cup to the bar how are they managing the licensing issue? Beer has to be sold in multiples of halves/3rds or full pints. Having a container the right size is essential, they also need to have the volume marked on order to be legal if the beer is being free poured or the amount of beer being issued has to be dispensed by a machine I can't remember seeing the automatic ones but hopefully someone who worked on a Glasto bar can confirm if this is the case or not.

My bamboo cup last year held a pint and an extra 1/5th. As it look at a glance identical in size to the paper cups, quite a few bars happily poured straight in to it so I always got a bit more. It was my Alan's Big Plate moment.

Shall be getting a new one for 2020 as a I broke it in the end

On 10/16/2019 at 1:44 AM, gooner1990 said:

I worked on the Stonebridge bar this year and having separate  queues for cash and those paying on card (when we were busy) would have helped things massively. 

we only had 4 PDQ machines for the entire bar and wasted a lot of time waiting around for one to be free! 

Double the number of PDQ machines, that would probably help more. Or at least it might make the cash customers the slow ones.

A few bars in Manchester have gone cashless because it makes things quicker (as well as quicker at the end of the day)

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Double the number of PDQ machines, that would probably help more. Or at least it might make the cash customers the slow ones.

A few bars in Manchester have gone cashless because it makes things quicker (as well as quicker at the end of the day)

Also it's more secure (less to rob on site) and cost less than banking in cash.

I ain’t seen it now where but would be good if there was some sort of 1 way system to get to the toilet and back like a loop or or even a tunnel, off to the loo or bar get stamp from steward and then return or even just  lanes near toilets at back of pyramid