Acts Ruled out of Glastonbury 2020

Freddyflintstonree

18 hours ago, jparx said:

I wouldn't rule him out quite yet personally! Could easily be there Saturday and/or Sunday. He's someone I imagine will be very keen to get on the bill for the 50th.

Considering there was an issue with Frank not being asked to play for a while, the 50th is one I can't see him missing unless he needs to. Friday in Holland is placed very well to be on the bill.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's perhaps not a 100% absolute, but it's exceedingly clear from looking over the line-ups over the years that it is a thing for established acts.

Depends on your definition of established acts I suppose. There was a whole thread on this a week or so ago but the jist was that it's rare for acts at the very top end to return on consecutive years but not uncommon for the rest.

I wouldn't say Kiwanuka was back enough just yet to be excluded.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Depends on your definition of established acts I suppose. There was a whole thread on this a week or so ago but the jist was that it's rare for acts at the very top end to return on consecutive years but not uncommon for the rest.

I wouldn't say Kiwanuka was back enough just yet to be excluded.

I'm talking about acts that play on the major stages. And on those major stages it's unusual for a well-established act like Kiwanuka to get booked 2 years on the trot.

It's the much newer bands who probably didn't have an album out last time but will this time (and there's interest in, obvs) who tend to be the ones to come back the following year. Ones who've grown significantly over that year.