Acts Ruled out of Glastonbury 2020

Freddyflintstonree

3 hours ago, 01seb said:

Bon Iver touring Australia in June, including a show on Glasto weekend.

Was just wondering yesterday where/whether he was gonna fit in with the top of the lineup starting to get a bit busy - suppose that answers that! Wonder what’s stopping him being booked, as clearly the place is still o his radar after the couple of guest appearances he’s made.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno if it’s captain obvious but tame impala are in the US during glasto.

I think they are an APE exclusive anyway — but just in case anyone had some doubt in their mind or was hoping they’d show up, thought I’d come and ruin your Christmas.

This was expected but now we have no choice but to let it happen.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno if it’s captain obvious but tame impala are in the US during glasto.

I think they are an APE exclusive anyway — but just in case anyone had some doubt in their mind or was hoping they’d show up, thought I’d come and ruin your Christmas.

Depending on how their next album does commercially/critically they're gonna be one of those acts in that very weird 'good band but would be a other headliner, not big enough to headline yet' category I think. 

28 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Depending on how their next album does commercially/critically they're gonna be one of those acts in that very weird 'good band but would be a other headliner, not big enough to headline yet' category I think. 

I think taking the Other headline slot after subbing Pyramid was sort of accepting that. Think Foals are in the same boat. How many acts have headlined the Other before and then gone on to headline the Pyramid in the last couple of decades? Can't imagine there's many, if any at all.

8 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I think taking the Other headline slot after subbing Pyramid was sort of accepting that. Think Foals are in the same boat. How many acts have headlined the Other before and then gone on to headline the Pyramid in the last couple of decades? Can't imagine there's many, if any at all.

I feel like Tame Impala will outlast Foals personally. If not for anything for their appeal world wide vs foals is way more in their favour.