Acts Ruled out of Glastonbury 2020

Freddyflintstonree

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

Read that interview this morning on the train.  Looking forward to the release of the remastered version, be listening to it against the original on Friday I reckon :)

As much as I'd love to see them again, especially the chance to see them on the Pyramid, I'm kinda glad they're sticking the their guns on this.  Integrity and all that in the face of what would undoubtedly be a pay day to make it rain!

The Kenneth and Let Me In remixes they've released so far are quite interesting - I think I prefer the original mix, but good to be reminded of how good this album was (IMHO). 

My first ever gig was that Monster tour. Happy days. 

10 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Why so? 

Because the poster says so?

10 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

His current World Tour finishes in May - so a June date is open.  Admitting to a Glastonbury slot (not a show) might damage Glasgow and London sales.

Doubt it, it's not like he's playing mega shows and tickets would likely be on sale for 4 months before he'd be announced for Glastonbury. 

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

No surprise here in the slightest, but sharing as it’s an interesting interview.

Not only are REM never performing live ever again, Michael Stipe isn’t even interested in playing his solo stuff.

REM look back on Monster: 'We did not want to become the dancing monkey' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50206491

1 hour ago, Yokel Again said:

The Kenneth and Let Me In remixes they've released so far are quite interesting - I think I prefer the original mix, but good to be reminded of how good this album was (IMHO). 

My first ever gig was that Monster tour. Happy days. 

Those Santana shows will probably take place before the line up is even announced so can't see why he'd state there his only UK shows unless it's actually the case. If he was announced for Glastonbury it would be well after the horse has bolted so wouldn't make a difference.

9 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Those Santana shows will probably take place before the line up is even announced so can't see why he'd state there his only UK shows unless it's actually the case. If he was announced for Glastonbury it would be well after the horse has bolted so wouldn't make a difference.

I can't remember who posted he'd heard about Santana for West Holts now, but maybe the rumour stems from Glasto trying to get him when he was booking up those European shows - and it didn't come off.

Judas Priest have announced german live dates around glastonbury - 25/6 in Stuttgart (the Thursday) and 29/6 in Munich (the Monday). So while it doesn’t rule them out entirely, theyd be coming from and going back to Germany. Dunno then ??‍♂️ 

admittedly I’m putting 2 and 2 together and making 17, but the 50th anniversary of both glasto and Priest together does seem like a beautiful meeting of minds! 

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Judas Priest have announced german live dates around glastonbury - 25/6 in Stuttgart (the Thursday) and 29/6 in Munich (the Monday). So while it doesn’t rule them out entirely, theyd be coming from and going back to Germany. Dunno then ??‍♂️ 

admittedly I’m putting 2 and 2 together and making 17, but the 50th anniversary of both glasto and Priest together does seem like a beautiful meeting of minds! 

So basically, they've left Friday/Saturday/Sunday - usually considered the prime days for a concert - blank?

Surely it's very likely something is pencilled in for that gap. The question becomes whether it's Glastonbury or something else (Lola Stockholm and Rock In Rio Lisboa being other big festivals on the same weekend, though there may be others I'm not aware of).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, incident said:

So basically, they've left Friday/Saturday/Sunday - usually considered the prime days for a concert - blank?

Surely it's very likely something is pencilled in for that gap. The question becomes whether it's Glastonbury or something else (Lola Stockholm and Rock In Rio Lisboa being other big festivals on the same weekend, though there may be others I'm not aware of).

I don’t know how often Rob could perform two nights in a row - having had a good look thru their dates for 2020 I think it’s only once - he doesn’t quite have his insane pipes of the eighties, but it’s still a hell of a voice and pretty debilitating to use. So I want to light pencil them in for a Saturday slot. Prob about 4pm on the pyramid, but also midnight on the Truth stage ?????????

On 10/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, eFestivals said:

I can't remember who posted he'd heard about Santana for West Holts now, but maybe the rumour stems from Glasto trying to get him when he was booking up those European shows - and it didn't come off.

(it was me) 

The person who told me would definitely have known about the other 2 shows, of that I'm absolutely certain. My reservations were whether or not they'd know about Glastonbury, which now maybe suggests they won't have and it's just came up in a conversation they'd had surrounding him touring. 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

(it was me) 

The person who told me would definitely have known about the other 2 shows, of that I'm absolutely certain. My reservations were whether or not they'd know about Glastonbury, which now maybe suggests they won't have and it's just came up in a conversation they'd had surrounding him touring. 

OK, thanks.

Does that mean you think I should remove the rumour? (just checking that's what you'd conclude).

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Numanoid Glastonbury are now threatening to kidnap Michael Eavis and shave off his beard unless he books their idol.

I saw some suggesting he should headline the Pyramid. He's got form but I think they may have overestimated his appeal.

source (3).gif