Acts Ruled out of Glastonbury 2020

Freddyflintstonree

Well after this evening's news I feel like now is as good a time as any to have a regularly updated post on acts that are not going to be at the 50th anniversary. 

Please post the evidence for your addition and I will add it to the list! Needs to be a verified source or an obvious date clash, not speculation. 

Fleetwood Mac - Emily Eavis interview 13/10/19

Led Zeppelin - Emily Eavis interview 13/10/19

Green Day - tour dates

Ariana Grande - confirmed no tour in 2020

System of a Down - download 

Iron Maiden - download

Kiss - download 

Celine Dion - tour dates clash

Queen ft. Adam Lambert - Germany Friday and Sunday

Eric Clapton - Finland Thursday, Russia Saturday and Monday

The Black Keys - "I would say that if you're in Europe, you might want to book a ticket to Detroit"

Edited by Freddyflintstonree

I don’t think Queen are entirely ruled out, looking at there tour dates, they play 2 different countries over 2 days sometimes,  And would be playing in Germany Friday, same sort of distance to Glastonbury then on Sat morning, then fly to Switzerland 30min extra flight journey maybe

1 hour ago, waynewdk said:

I don’t think Queen are entirely ruled out, looking at there tour dates, they play 2 different countries over 2 days sometimes,  And would be playing in Germany Friday, same sort of distance to Glastonbury then on Sat morning, then fly to Switzerland 30min extra flight journey maybe

So, just the Eavii's hatred for Brian May entirely ruling them out then...

14 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

So, just the Eavii's hatred for Brian May entirely ruling them out then...

Amongst other reasons. Glastonbury has never booked an act like that before to headline. I don’t know why everyone is surprised that they don’t play.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surprised that fleetwood mac are ruled out, or is it a bluff? 

Emily doesn't bluff.  Neil's info was that that'd agreed to headline in the next 5 years, and there are hugely differing accounts of whether they said "next year" or not when they made their field comments.  They also don't appear to be active in any way next year.  

Give up all hope, and look forward to the 2021 headline performance including Lindsey.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surprised that fleetwood mac are ruled out, or is it a bluff? 

Emily doesn't do bluffs.

However, my missus saw a comment on facebook about Emily's comment yesterday that said Emily had something along the lines of "they're not booked for next summer, but if they want to come and talk to us...".

So perhaps it wasn't "ruled out", and more of a "they're not booked and it doesn't look like they will be".

Just now, Matt42 said:

Careful dude I got slated the other day for calling them a glorified tribute act. They’l come for you! 

I think you were too kind.  If we were gonna get them, we might as well also throw a guitarist from the New Power Generation together with Lemar and brand it as a Prince set...

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Emily doesn't do bluffs.

However, my missus saw a comment on facebook about Emily's comment yesterday that said Emily had something along the lines of "they're not booked for next summer, but if they want to come and talk to us...".

So perhaps it wasn't "ruled out", and more of a "they're not booked and it doesn't look like they will be".

So, is it fair to say that maybe not all headliners are booked?

3 hours ago, waynewdk said:

If they're neighbouring countries. Europe-UK-Europe doesn't go. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Emily doesn't do bluffs.

I was saying this to my mrs last night that we don't know the context in which Emily had said they were an outright no. I took it as they were not booked "yet" but could be if they were prepared to negotiate.