Worthy View Options

Hollean

We've been lucky enough to get tickets for 2020.

I'm considering camping at Worthy view for 2 of us

a) Can anyone tell me when bookings will open. I've seen it'll be late October, but does anyone know the date ? If not, when do they announce the date ?

b) Can anyone send me a link to the types of tent they offer ? When booking does open I'd like to already have clear idea of what I want to try to book.

If they haven't yet published the 2020 options, can anyone send a link to the 2019 options

Looking for something comfortable for 2 people

Thanks in Advance

Links can be found on the Glastonbury website under info/accommodation. You’ll be after the two person scout tent which have plenty of room for two and have the added bonus of being closer to the festival entrance. Last week of October is the normal on sale date, normally midday on a Thursday IIRC. Glastonbury will probably send out an email to ticket holders to announce the sale in advance.

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, Hotchilidog said:

Links can be found on the Glastonbury website under info/accommodation. You’ll be after the two person scout tent which have plenty of room for two and have the added bonus of being closer to the festival entrance. Last week of October is the normal on sale date, normally midday on a Thursday IIRC. Glastonbury will probably send out an email to ticket holders to announce the sale in advance.

Thanks for that. Ive also found the podpad website and registered there so they should email me when their accommodation goes on sale.

1 hour ago, naomi1303 said:

Last year's prices ? (think I got this image from this forum when I was researching, so thanks to whoever uploaded it!)

Screenshot_20191004_174351.jpg

Thanks for that. It'll probably be bit more this year but that gives good indication.Plus we need to add on an amount for car parking, which was £45 last year. Initially the podpads looked interesting and then I saw they were really low, only 1.6 m at the apex. Thats tiny !   I'm thinking I'll try for a 2 person BellePad when they go on sale. Theres a pole in the middle , but 3m diameter is a fair size.The alternative is going offsite at willow fields where I can put my own tent. It's bit further to walk but they say it's level , not up the infamous worthy hill !

• Like 1

Bit of advice for any WV first timers...

Don’t have your heart set on one option. Last year was tricky to get anything. Sold out in under an hour.

We wanted tipis, podpads, octopads, yurts... ended up settling on a scout tent lol.

Be prepared to settle once in if you want reasonably priced flushing toilets and showers!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Bit of advice for any WV first timers...

Don’t have your heart set on one option. Last year was tricky to get anything. Sold out in under an hour.

We wanted tipis, podpads, octopads, yurts... ended up settling on a scout tent lol.

Be prepared to settle once in if you want reasonably priced flushing toilets and showers!

Thank you for that advice. Just waiting now for an announcement of the sale date.

Andy

Here we go everyone:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/

Thursday 21st November at 6pm (coach tickets) or 7pm (general sale).

Bit late this year but not surprising with everything else going on. I hope for those going for WV that a sizeable amount are held back in general sale. It doesn’t seem fair to me that the extremely lucky people that got coach tickets and didn’t have to go through that general sale bum fight get all the WV tents too. Perhaps next year if you can prove you’re going on a National Express coach they’ll let you in early too.

1 hour ago, juuceman said:

Where?

I opted for Ziggucamp. Great reviews and one of the more reasonably affordable options. It was a bit of minefield to be honest but I did my homework. If you have the money there are better options out there but I didn’t wanna pay 5* prices for a glorified waterproof sheet.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:41 PM, BlackZeppelin said:

Do the Octapads have beds in them?

From the supplier's website:

"6 person Octopads will be the standard version only and will NOT be supplied with electricity or bedding They include 4 single wooden beds with foam mattresses. The 5th and 6th guest will have foam mattresses only"

https://podpads.com/glastonbury-worthy-view

Edited by Bryanrebe
  • Upvote 1